chapter thirty.

MALLORY'S POV

It was a couple days since we got back to LA and though I loved living with the Maddies for two weeks, I missed my apartment so much. It felt so good to be back by myself and I knew I had Drew and everyone else whenever I got lonely.

Spending the last couple weeks with the cast helped me feel less scared about living on my own in LA. I felt more secure knowing that I had friends in the city now and I especially felt more comfortable knowing Drew was always there for me.

When we got back from Charleston, everybody kept to themselves for the time being, since we had just spent nearly every minute of the last two weeks with each other. Drew however, spent our first night home at my apartment with me. He had yet to see my place, so I was excited to have him over and spend the night with him. I hadn't seen Drew since he left yesterday, but we continued to text and he facetimed me last night before we went to bed. I loved having him be the last thing I saw before I went to sleep.

I had a day to myself now, since Drew had a photoshoot lined up for today. I decided to walk around the city and do some shopping for my apartment. Considering I only lived in it for about two and a half weeks before going to Charleston, it felt basic and I wanted to make it feel more like my apartment.

As I finished up my makeup, I closed my mascara and I heard my phone ring. I looked down and saw that Drew was facetiming me.

"Hi," I answered, a smile immediately on my face as I saw Drew's face in my phone.

"Hey babe," He grinned and I immediately felt butterflies swarm my stomach when he called me babe. "What are you up to?" He asked me.

"I just finished doing my makeup." I told him. "What are you doing? Isn't your photoshoot soon?" I asked him as I noticed he was still in his apartment.

"That's actually why I called you," He lightly laughed. "I wanted to see if you wanted to come to the shoot with me."

"Really?" I asked him, not expecting to be invited. Though I was able to see him work on the set of Outer Banks, I loved the idea of watching him work for a photoshoot.

"Yeah, I really want you to be there." Drew said and I couldn't help but smile. He made me feel so special. "I'll pick you up in fifteen minutes, okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "Sounds good."

"I'll see you in a little bit." Drew said and I heard his keys jingle which told me he was getting ready to leave.

"See you soon." I smiled. Drew blew me a kiss and I blew one back before we hung up the call.

I was so glad I decided to get ready for the day when I did. If Drew called me and invited me to go to the shoot while I was still in sweatpants and a hoodie, I wouldn't have had nearly enough time to get ready in fifteen minutes.

I put my makeup back where it belonged in the organizer on my vanity and I looked at myself in the mirror, fluffing up my hair. I grabbed my phone and stuffed it in the back pocket of my light-blue flared denim jeans before I turned off the light and exited my room. I straightened up around my apartment since I was going to be out for a couple hours and I wanted to come home to a clean environment.

After I spent a few minutes cleaning up, I went back into my room to pick out a pair of shoes to wear with my outfit. I settled on a pair of black platform Chelsea boots that gave me a couple inches of height and I ended up putting on a black blazer over top of the white short-sleeved top I was wearing. I looked in the mirror, satisfied with my outfit.

I exited my room once again and I heard my phone ding in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at it, seeing that Drew texted me that he was here to pick me up.