chapter twenty three.

DREW'S POV

We arrived at the beach around 1PM, and it wasn't crowded since it was a Saturday in the middle of September. For the most part, we had the beach to ourselves, which allowed us to let loose even more.

We invited a couple more of our friends since we knew they were in town as well. Nick Cirillo, Carlacia Grant, and Lilah and Cooper Pate met us at the beach and it felt so good for all of us to be together again. We always had such a good time together.

Once we all got settled on the beach, we let the party begin by playing music on Lilah's speaker and each of us cracking open a drink. We all stood around talking with each other, catching up on what some of us have done in the past few months.

It was so good to catch up with Nick, it had been awhile since the last time we saw each other. I introduced him to Mallory and he seemed to welcome her with open arms.

I couldn't express how much love I had for this group of people. They all meant so much to me and they were always so fun to hang around.

Music was now blasting on the beach, everyone had a drink in their hand. Some of us were playing spike ball while others watched and cheered on the competitors. It felt so great to be around some of my closest friends as well as having my girlfriend there. We were all having so much fun just by letting loose.

I went over to the cooler to grab Mallory and I another drink. She was currently learning how to play spike ball with Rudy, JD, and Lilah. Watching her hang out with my friends like this made me feel so good inside. I was so glad that my friends accepted her and our relationship.

"Drewseph," I heard before I felt someone pat my back. I turned my head so see Chase with a drink in his hand as well. "How was your night last night?" He asked me before he took a sip of his drink. Nick followed Chase up to me so we were now standing together.

"Good," I nodded, not wanting to go into much detail. Though Chase knew about a majority of the night, since him and Mads helped me plan it out, he didn't know what Mal and I did once we got back to our place.

"Just good?" Nick asked me as he raised his eyebrows.

"Really good." I nodded, cracking a smile before I took a sip of my drink.

"I take it she said yes." Chase commented as he looked over at Mallory who was now playing spike ball. I nodded in response as I watched her as well. She was too damn cute. "So it's official then?"

"It is." I answered. Mallory was officially my girlfriend. That felt so weird to think about. It was definitely going to take some getting used to.

"It's about damn time." Chase chuckled. "I mean shit, the amount of girls I've tried to set you up with and all it took was for some girl to run into you on the side of the street?"

"None of them were her." I said softly as I continued to watch my girlfriend. Chase had tried to set me up with some girls over the last couple years, but I didn't feel a connection with any of them the way that I did with Mallory.

"Shit, man," Nick chuckled. "Don't be getting all sappy and shit now."

"Look at you, dude, you're already pussy whipped, I guess just minus the pussy." He chuckled as he took a sip of his drink and I looked over at him, not commenting on what he just said. "Am I wrong?" He smirked and I shrugged as I now took a sip of my drink. He was wrong, but I wasn't going to let him know that. "You're not denying it. Unless, you actually did get some." He grinned.

I tried to hide my smile as I took another sip of my drink. I did get some, and shit, it felt good. I hadn't been intimate like that with someone in so long, I wasn't going to deny the fact that I finally got some.