chapter twenty four.

MALLORY'S POV

The weekend was now over and it had to have been one of the best weekends of my life. I had so much fun with Drew on Friday night. Saturday was spent with the rest of the cast, and Nick Cirillo, Carlacia Grant, and Lilah and Cooper Pate even joined us. Every single person in this group was so much fun. I couldn't remember what life was like before meeting them.

It was now Monday morning, the start of our work week. When we got to the studio, the cast went with Josh Pate, Jonas' brother, while Jonas wanted to get me familiar with some of the equipment that they used to shoot the show.

As I followed Jonas around, I couldn't believe this was my life now. Ever since I was little, I had dreamed of being in the entertainment industry. I always wanted to be an actress, but as I grew older, I developed a strong passion for writing and filming. Though I've made short films on my own, I was in a professional studio with a real production team. This was a dream come true.

"And this," Jonas said, knocking me out of my thoughts. We approached a green screen along with a machine in front of it. "This is how we make it look like they're driving or running. We put them on this machine here, and we edit the background on the green screen." Jonas explained to me as I looked around, completely amazed.

I knew everything was fake in the film industry, it was just so crazy to see it all in person.

"That's insane." I laughed in disbelief. "That's so cool how you can make it look so real on the show."

"Yeah," Jonas sighed. "Technology has come a very long way."

"That it has." I agreed.

We continued to walk around the studio for a few more minutes before Jonas and the writers of the show were ready to hand out the scripts to the second episode of the new season. Jonas invited me to watch the table reading and I was so excited because I could finally see everyone in character. I missed out on the first table read of the first episode because I was being introduced to everyone I'd be working with and getting myself familiar with the crew.

"Alright," Jonas announced to everyone in the room which consisted of mainly the entire cast who was a part of that episode, as well as the writers. "Let's all take a seat and get started."

I followed Jonas and he had me sit next to him, so I was sitting across from my boyfriend. I smiled at Drew as he flipped through the script and he lifted his head, his eyes landing on me and smile immediately spreading across his lips. I loved that smile more than anything.

"The pogues are still on the deserted island. John B and JJ are fishing. John B and JJ, top of page five." I heard Chase and Rudy being ordered, and I watched them as they got themselves into character.

Chase and Rudy began having a conversation as John B and JJ. It was so cool how similar they were to their characters. The crew could not have picked a better cast for this show. I continued to watch Chase and Rudy act out their scene, and Jonas would stop them every so often and tell them how to express their character better.

After watching Chase and Rudy's scene, the directors wanted to see Mads, Bailey, and Carlacia read a page aloud. Once they read their lines, it was time to move on to the person I'd been dying to see in character, Drew.

"The Cameron's are at their house in the island of Guateloupe. Ward is still bed-ridden. Rafe and Rose are having a conversation after checking in on Ward. Rafe, Rose, top of page seventeen." Jonas set the narrative for this scene and ordered Drew and Caroline to begin.

Drew looked over at me for a second, sending me a wink and I puckered my lips, sending him a kiss in return. I was so excited to see him in action.