chapter forty one.

DREW'S POV

My eyes searched through the sea of people for my girl, and once my eyes landed on her, I felt my heart leap out of my chest and a smile found its way onto my lips. I was so excited to see her and be with her again.

I noticed she was still looking around for me and I tried to wave to catch her attention, but that didn't work. I described to her what I was wearing when her plane landed so she would be able to find me, but she still seemed clueless as she looked around the airport. I was wearing a baseball cap, sunglasses, and a black vest and denim jeans so she could recognize me since not many guys would be wearing this outfit with these accessories.

"Mallory!" I called out to my girlfriend and her head turned in my direction, her eyes immediately locking with mine and that smile that I was so in love with spread across her lips.

She began running towards me and I held my arms out for her. As she approached me, she let go of her suitcase that she was wheeling behind her, along with her backpack that was placed on top of it. Mallory jumped up and wrapped her legs around my torso and her arms around my neck as my arms secured themselves around her body. It felt so good to hold her again.

Mal nuzzled her face in my neck, catching her breath from the running that she just did and I lightly rubbed her back. I felt her lips gently kiss my neck and goosebumps didn't hesitate to rise to my skin. I had been craving her touch so badly and now that she was finally here, it didn't take much for my body to react.

After about a minute, Mallory lifted her head up and looked at me. A smile was still placed on her lips and I felt my smile widen.

"Hi," She giggled as she observed my face. "No wonder it took me a minute to find you."

"I told you what I was wearing." I chuckled.

She looked around at the crowds of people passing by before she looked back at me. "Do you see how many guys are wearing a hat and sunglasses in here? Way too many."

"Yeah but they aren't wearing this vest or these jeans, are they?" I raised my eyebrow, questioning her argument.

"Speaking of," She said softly as she bit her lip while she looked down at my lips. Mallory leaned in and softly pressed her lips to mine, both of us melting into each other. If I wasn't still holding her, I probably would've collapsed on the ground right then and there. I missed her lips on mine so much. She pulled away from the kiss that wasn't long enough and she bit her lip again, trying to hide her smile. "Never wear this around me again." 

"What? The hat?" I joked with her.

"This outfit." She elaborated. "You look so good right now."

I smirked at her response, knowing that I was getting to her the same way she was getting to me. Though she just wearing one of my sweatshirts, a pair of leggings, and her hair was tossed into a messy bun, my body was still craving her so badly. She was so effortlessly beautiful.

"C'mon," I told her as I set her back on the ground, our height difference causing me to look down at her. I held onto the handle of her suitcase and hoisted her backpack over my shoulder. "Let's get out of here."

Mallory grinned up at me, her hand locking with mine as we exited the airport together.

**********

"What if your mom doesn't like me?" Mal asked me as I felt her hand hold onto mine a little tighter, letting me know she was nervous. 

I looked over at her for a second before I directed my focus back onto the road in front of me. We were about ten minutes away from my mom's house, and I could tell the closer we were getting, the more nervous Mallory seemed.