chapter twenty seven.

DREW'S POV

The week was now over and it was everyone's favorite day of the week, Friday. We worked a full day today to count for the fact that we wouldn't be in Charleston for another almost two weeks. We wanted to get as much work in as we could.

Since we didn't have a movie night last Friday, my friends wanted to have one tonight. I loved my friends, but I'd been spending every single day with them for the past two weeks. I wanted a night alone with my girlfriend. I felt like every time Mal and I hung out, our friends were around.

Bailey and Mads were going to be hosting the movie night, which meant Chase wasn't going to be at our apartment for the night. And if all went as planned, he would stay the night with Mads.

And while my girlfriend and I were left alone for the night, we decided on having a movie night to ourselves. One of the many things I loved about Mallory was that she was so easy-going and she was as much of a homebody as I was. Though we both loved hanging out with our friends and partying, spending a night together doing nothing but laying in bed watching a movie was just as ideal to the both of us.

Which was exactly what we planned to do for the night. Though, we were still trying to figure out what to get for dinner. There wasn't much left in the apartment to cook considering we only had about a day and half left in Charleston, so Mallory and I both agreed to get some type of fast food.

"Wait," I said after a few minutes of silence between us. I looked up at Mallory from my phone as she looked up at me while she was sitting on the other side of the couch. She cocked an eyebrow in confusion. "What about Cook Out?" I asked her, suggesting somewhere we could get food.

"What's Cook Out?"

"You've never had Cook Out?" I questioned, nearly appalled that she didn't know what one of the best food places on the east coast was.

"Drew," Mallory said seriously. "I'm from Philly. We have Wawa and cheesesteak joints. I can't say I'm familiar with Cook Out." She lightly laughed.

"Fair," I nodded, considering Cook Out was mainly a southern east coast thing. "Tell me you've at least had In-N-Out while you were in LA?"

"Now that I am familiar with," She nodded.

"Cook Out is like In-N-Out, but like, a million times better." I told her and she raised her eyebrows.

"Oh really?" She asked me and I nodded. "Looks like we'll have to go to there then." Mallory said as she looked down at her phone. I watched her for a second before she looked back up at me, seeming surprised. "There's only one like a half a mile from here?" She asked me.

"Oh yeah," I nodded. "Yeah, there is."

"What are we waiting for?" Mallory asked as she stood up and stretched from her spot on the couch.

I watched my girlfriend in front of me, standing there in one of my t-shirts that was too big on her, so big it covered her shorts that she was wearing. I continued to watch her as she slipped her fuzzy sock-covered feet into a pair of her Birkenstocks. We unintentionally had matching Birks, which made me smile at how we had the same taste in things.

"Drew," I heard Mal and I looked up at her. "Are we going?"

"Oh, yeah," I nodded, pushing my thoughts into the back of my head. It was so easy to get distracted by Mallory.

I got up and stuffed my phone into my pocket. I slipped on my Birks that matched Mallory's and I went over to the kitchen counter, grabbing my keys. Mallory followed me as we went over to the front door. I opened it for her and she stepped out as I turned off the light switches and locked the door as I stepped out into the hallway, closing the door behind me.