chapter ten.

DREW'S POV

It was now around midnight and we ended up watching the entire Hangover trilogy. As the credits began rolling at the end of the last movie, some of us slowly started to get up from our seats to stretch. I noticed Elaine, JD, Maddie and Austin stand up along with me. I looked around and saw Chase, Mads, Rudy, and Mallory passed out in their seats. A smile was placed on my lips as I looked down at Mallory, curled up asleep on the bean bag chair.

I began to help Elaine clean up and decided to let Mallory sleep for a few more minutes before waking her up to take her home.

"I can't believe they fell asleep to The Hangover." Austin jokingly scoffed as he saw half the group asleep.

"To be fair, parts two and three are literally the first movie, just different scenarios." I chuckled as I started folding a blanket.

"Yeah but c'mon, that shit's hilarious." He said as he started collecting empty beer bottles and cans from around the room.

"Fair." I agreed.

Maddie and JD started straightening up as well and Elaine tried to wake Rudy up. He groaned, but wouldn't budge from his position. Elaine gave up trying to wake him up and came over to us.

"He won't get up?" JD asked as he was putting trash in the trash can.

Elaine shook her head as she looked over at Rudy, passed out on the floor. "It's fine. I wanted the bed to myself anyways."

We lightly laughed in response, trying to keep it quiet for everyone else.

With all of us pitching in, we were able to clean up quickly, and when we finished I decided to wake Mallory up. I went over to her and crouched down in front of her and lightly rubbed her shoulder.

"Hey, Mallory," I said softly, not wanting to startle her. "Mal,"

"Hmm," She hummed as she stirred. Her eyes flickered open and immediately widened once she saw me.

"Hey," I lightly chuckled. "Do you want me to take you home?"

She looked around, seeming confused, before she looked back up at me. "Yeah," She said softly as she rubbed her eyes. "If you wouldn't mind."

"You know I don't." I told her. "C'mon." I stuck my hand out to help her up.

She held onto my hand as she stood up and looked around, noticing Chase, Mads, and Rudy passed out. Elaine, Maddie, JD, and Austin were standing around the island talking.

"What time is it?" She asked me as she felt herself for her phone.

"A little after midnight." I told her as I pointed to the beanbag chair where her phone was.

She picked her phone up before checking it. The light from her phone lit up her face, and I saw her eyes widen. "Shit," She whispered.

"Something wrong?" I asked her, concerned at what she was looking at.

"Yeah, uh-no. N-Nothing's wrong." She stuttered as she now looked up at me. "Everything's fine." She forced a smile.

"You sure?" I asked her and she quickly nodded. "Alright, you ready to head out?" I asked as I started to gather my belongings and she nodded in response as she was doing the same thing.

"You guys outta here?" Austin asked as we headed over to them.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I'm exhausted, and Mallory seems to be too." I chuckled as I looked at her.

She agreed with me, and we said our goodbyes to everybody before we exited the apartment. We made our way down to the parking garage where my car was and we got in to start her ride home.