chapter eleven.

MALLORY'S POV

I texted Drew countless times and he hadn't answered me at all. I was getting worried, and I felt so terrible for what he saw last night. I felt so guilty, and I was afraid I had just ruined what ever relationship I was building with him. There was a pit in my stomach and no matter how hard I tried to distract myself or apologize to Drew, nothing could make it go away.

I was looking down at my phone, looking over the multiple texts I had sent Drew over the course of the last twelve hours. I didn't know what to do, and I just wanted him to answer me so I knew he was okay.

"Mal," I heard and I looked up, squinting from the sun shining in my eyes. I saw my boyfriend, Cade, standing over me, waiting for me to respond. "I'm getting something to eat. You want anything?"

"No," I shook my head. "I'm good, thanks." The pit in my stomach made me feel so nauseous that food was the last thing I wanted right now.

Cade nodded before walking away from our area on the beach, up to the boardwalk. After Drew dropped me off last night, and Cade and I went inside, I immediately felt remorseful. Cade couldn't know what was wrong though, so I had to pretend like everything was fine and I had to tell him I was just tired. Though Cade had a long day of flying yesterday, he wanted to get an early start today and go to the beach. We came to the beach at around ten this morning, and it was now a little after one in the afternoon.

And Drew had not escaped my mind for even a second.

I sighed as I looked around the somewhat crowded beach. I noticed Cade was no where to be found, so I went back on my phone and went to my messages. I started a new message to two people who I knew would've talked to Drew by now.

New iMessage

To: Mads Cline, Chase Stokes

have u guys talked to drew?

I bit my thumbnail out of nervousness. I was hoping Drew didn't tell them anything and that they didn't hate me like he did. I was praying for a response. And after about a minute of staring off into the ocean, lost in my thoughts, I got a one.

Mads Cline
not since last night. is everything ok?

idk... just please tell him to answer me

Chase Stokes
i just tried to call him and he didn't answer.
i'm going up to his place rn

When Chase told me that he tried to call him and he didn't answer, I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me. If something happened to Drew, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. All of this anxiety over something so stupid that I did.

DREW'S POV

I stood out on the balcony, looking out into the distance of the city of Los Angeles. Every building, every window had a different story. And here I was, standing in my window with my story, feeling like such an idiot.

I leaned against the railing as I took note of the scenery in front of me. This view always seemed to distract me. I looked down at the lit cigarette between my fingers before putting it up to my lips, taking a drag and inhaling the relaxing sensation it always brought me.

I sighed to myself, trying to collect my thoughts of everything that had happened. It was my fault for catching feelings so fast. I knew this was too good to be true, I had just never felt this way about any other girl I've been with. I swore Mallory and I had something.