chapter eighteen.

MALLORY'S POV

We were about a half hour into the game, which consisted of most of us drinking anyways to get more drunk. We were gathered around the living room sitting in a circle. I sat on the couch next to Mads, and Drew stood behind me and Chase stood behind Mads, next to Drew.

"Okay wait, here's an easy one. And if you don't answer I'm gonna assume you just didn't watch the show." Maddie said from across the room. "Mallory, what's your favorite scene from season two?"

I raised my eyebrows, not expecting her to ask me that question. "My favorite scene from season two?" I asked and she nodded as she took a sip of her drink. "Easy." I shrugged. "When the pogues reunite in Charleston."

"Oh that's a good one." Mads agreed with me as she held out her drink, to which I clinked mine with hers.

"What about your favorite Rafe scene?" Rudy now questioned.

"Hmm," I raised my eyebrows, having to think for a second. To be completely honest, though Rafe wasn't a good character, I admired Drew's acting so much that any scene with him was my favorite scene. "Oh, I know." I announced. "After we think Ward is dead, and Rafe is in his closet putting on that blazer. The music, the silence, just everything about that scene is," I paused, imitating a chef's kiss, which resulted in everyone laughing.

"She's right Drew," JD chimed in. "You looked smokin' in that scene." He commented and we started laughing again.

That was primarily why that had to be one of my favorite scenes with Rafe, because he looked so good in that scene. He really looked good in every scene, but something about that one hit so different.

I looked up at Drew who was behind me, and I saw he was shaking his head while laughing. I didn't know whether I had just embarrassed him or what, but I didn't care. He was so hot in that scene, and we all knew it.

We continued on with the game for a little while longer. Once dinner time rolled around, we all agreed on ordering some pizzas. I had stopped drinking for the time being. I was on a good level and I didn't want to get any worse. 

While we were waiting for the pizza to get here, Maddie, JD and I got lost in our own conversation. JD was so unintentionally funny, I couldn't stop laughing. I had gotten to know pretty much everyone in the group now, and they got to know me, and they were seriously some of the coolest people I had ever met. I was so thankful Drew introduced me to them. 

As we were talking about something random, I looked over at Drew, who seemed to be out of it. He was with Chase and Rudy, and he seemed to be zoned out and not active in the conversation.

"Does Drew seem off to you guys?" I asked Maddie and JD and they directed their attention to Drew.

"He gets like that sometimes." Maddie shrugged. "He's probably socially burnt out."

Though Drew had mentioned to me before that he can only take so much social interaction before he gets burnt out, I felt like there was something more to it. If he were burnt out, he would've left. 

"I'm gonna go check on him." I told them as I now made my way over to the guys. Rudy was dancing like an idiot and Chase was recording him on his phone, while Drew was leaning against the kitchen counter. It seemed to me that he was faking a laugh. "Hey," I smiled softly as I walked up to Drew.

"Hey, Mal." Drew now smiled at me. "What's up?"

I looked around to make sure no one was listening to us. "Seriously," I now looked up at him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," He nodded. "Yeah, I uh," He cleared his throat. "I'm just tired." 

I wasn't buying that response. I raised my eyebrows and pursed my lips as I crossed my arms over my chest. "Going live on Instagram and playing a game with your friends made you tired?" I questioned him.