chapter thirty three.

DREW'S POV

"She still hasn't answered you?" Austin asked me as he put on a shirt over his head.

"No," I shook my head as I looked down at my phone. "I've tried everything. I called her, facetimed her, nearly blew up her texts. It's not like her to not answer me like this." I told him.

"Did you text Mads or Bails?" He asked me as he checked himself out in the mirror in the bathroom.

"No, I did not." I sucked in my lips, wondering why I didn't think of that.

I immediately went to my messages, scrolling down until I got to the most recent texts between Mads and I, about three days ago. I sent her a text, anxious for a response.

Maddie Cline
Today 7:35 PM

Is Mal okay?

i think, why?

She won't answer my texts or calls.
She hasn't since yesterday.

weird... i did notice she started acting
strange last night but i thought she was
just missing you

Strange how?

she hasnt really come out of her room.
she'll barely talk to me or maddie

Can you please tell her to answer me?
Or at least find out what's going on?

yeah of course

Thanks Mads

how's LA? what are you and aussie up to
tonight?

Going out. Gonna be his wingman...
Pray for me🤞

oh lord
don't do anything i wouldn't do

I will certainly try not to

be safe
love u

Love u too

"Mads doesn't know what's up with her either. She said Mal started acting strange last night." I told Austin as he was finishing getting ready.

"Maybe she just really misses you?" Austin suggested as he sprayed himself with cologne.

"Wouldn't she answer me if she missed me?" I asked him, trying to make sense of it all. The only other thing I could think of would be if she saw something on the internet she shouldn't have. I had no idea what to think of her acting like this.

"From what I've seen, she's never really on her phone anyways." Austin said as he came over and patted my shoulder and I sighed at his response. "Don't let it bother you, man. We're gonna have a good night. Drink some booze, look at some boobs. How much better could tonight get?" He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes at what he just said. This was all for him. We met some girls while we were out earlier in the day and they invited us to a club they were going to. I told Austin I was only going to help him get a girl, I had no interest in being there otherwise.

Austin and I exited his apartment, meeting the Uber outside. The Uber drove us to the one girls house, where we were greeted by about fifteen other girls. We were the only guys here and as much as Austin was loving this, I felt so awkward. I just wanted to go home.