chapter seventeen.

DREW'S POV

Mallory and I got to Chase and Mads' place early that afternoon, and once everyone was there, we began the celebrations on the renewal for a third season of Outer Banks.

This show meant so much to all of us, it was life changing for every single one of us. This show was our lives and it was so exciting that we were able to live another season of it. It was so fun to be apart of, it didn't even feel like work most days. Working with the crew was so great, and I made some of the best friends I'll have for life. We've made such great memories together and I was so grateful for every moment I had with my friends.

I was also so stoked for Mallory to be apart of this team now. I didn't know how much we'd be working together, but we'd be in Charleston together and she would get to work with such an awesome crew, I was so excited for her.

As I hung out in this apartment with my friends, we were messing with each other, some of us doing stupid shit that had others recording and laughing. We were drinking, listening to music, and overall having a great time together. 

One thing I could not stop doing however, was taking my eyes off of Mallory. I loved the way she would laugh so hard she would bend over in pain. I thought it was so cute when she would catch me looking at her and I could tell she would immediately start blushing and she would try to hide her smile, which caused me to smile.

"Saw Mal's story today." Chase mentioned as he walked up from behind me, patting my shoulder.

"Oh yeah?" I raised my eyebrow, ready to hear whatever he had to say.

He didn't know Mallory and her boyfriend broke up, and considering I had just found out last night, I'm sure her story was confusing to others.

"What's goin' on with you guys?" Chase asked me as he took a sip of his beer, now looking at Mallory who was laughing about something with Austin and Mads.

"Well," I sighed. "She uh, she actually broke up with her boyfriend. She wasn't really happy with their relationship so she decided it was for the better to end it. And I think it ended up being for the better. Dinner last night went really well, and we decided to go to brunch this morning to celebrate each other." I explained as vaguely as I could to him. I didn't want to go into too much detail, but I figured he should know that we were in a really good place.

"Dinner went really well, huh?" He elaborated, his eyebrows raised and a grin on his face.

"Yeah," I nodded as I thought back to last night. I never would have expected it to end the way that it did, but I wasn't complaining. "I uh, I ended up telling her how I felt, and she feels the same."

"No," Chase gasped sarcastically. I rolled my eyes but I couldn't help but chuckle. My feelings for her were obvious, and him and Mads could tell Mallory's were too, so now that we expressed how we felt towards each other, it was like a band aid was finally ripped off. "So, did you make it official then?" He now asked.

"Not yet," I shook my head. "I do wanna take things slow for now. I mean, she just got out of a relationship, a-and I'm still trying to grasp my head around the fact that this is all happening." I told him. "I was thinking, maybe, at some point while we're in Charleston, I do have an idea on how to ask her, but for now, we're just taking things slow." I told him.

"Ah," Chase nodded. "If you need my help at all, or Mads' help, let us know. You know Mads loves to be apart of cute surprises like that." He mentioned and I nodded, knowing exactly what he was talking about.

"Thanks," I chuckled. "Yeah, I might need you guys."

As Chase and I finished up our conversation, Mads and Mallory came over to us, Mads greeting Chase and Mallory coming up to me.