chapter thirty four.

DREW'S POV

Austin and I were finally back in Charleston and it felt so good to be back. Though I loved being out in LA, I missed my friends and I certainly missed my girlfriend. I couldn't wait to see her and hold her in my arms again. As soon as I got back to my apartment, I dropped my stuff off in my room and was on my way to Mal's place. Once I reached for the door to exit my apartment, I heard Chase come out of his room.

"So eager to see your girlfriend that you can't even let your best friend know that you're back?" Chase said and I turned around to see a slight grin on his face, letting me know he was joking.

"I didn't know you were home." I lied. I was aware Chase was home, but I figured I'd catch up with him later because I could tell something was still bothering Mallory and I wanted to see her as soon as possible.

"Where else would I be?" He shrugged as he walked up to me before he pulled me into a hug.

"Though you'd be out with Mads or something." I told him as I patted his back as we pulled away from the hug.

"Nah," He shook his head. "I'm guessing you don't know."

"Know what?"

"We're taking a break right now." Chase answered me softly as he looked down and fiddled with his fingers.

"What?" My eyes widened at what he told me. "What the hell happened?" I didn't understand what would've caused them to take a break like this. They seemed like they were in such a good place before Austin and I left. We were only gone for a week, what could've happened?

"It's nothing," He shook his head. "I'll tell you later. You should probably go see your girlfriend while you still got her."

While I still got her? What the hell did he mean by that?

"That's where I was headed," I told him. I was glad he didn't hold me up too long since it was a little after ten o'clock at night and I didn't want to get to Mallory's place too late. "I'll be back later." I told him as I reached for the door again, now opening it.

"Drew," Chase called out as I went to step out the door. I turned my head to look at him and I waited a second for him to continue. "Glad you're back buddy." He smiled.

I nodded and smiled in response, letting him know I felt the same. I exited the apartment and closed the door behind me, now making my way to my girlfriend.

I soon arrived at her apartment, feeling nervous for seeing her for the first time in a week. We had yet to be separated like this since we met, it was crazy how much I missed her. I knocked on the door and waited for a response, the door opening after a minute.

"Look who's back." Mads grinned as she greeted me.

"Hey Mads," I smiled and she opened the door and stepped to the side, motioning for me to come in. I entered the apartment as she closed the door behind me and I looked around, seeing if Mallory was present.

"How was your flight?" Mads asked me as she walked over to the kitchen and grabbed her glass of wine.

"Good," I nodded. "Is Mal home?"

"She's in her room."

I nodded in response before I went down the short hallway to Mal's room and softly knocked on the door, praying she wasn't sleeping. After a few seconds, the door opened and I saw the blonde-haired beauty I fell so deeply in love with. Her hair was up in a messy bun, she was wearing a sports bra and black sweatpants around her waist. Her eyes looked red and puffy, and I was afraid she had been crying.