|02|

Talia Herera

Looking for my scattered books, I run around in my room haphazardly grabbing things and stuffing them in my bag for the day. One would think I overslept because of excessive partying and a killer hangover.

To the contrary, I stayed up late to finish a paper that's due today.
I pull a sock over my foot with one hand, while the other tangles in my hair; in an attempt to tame the knots. Meanwhile racing for my white shoes, last I remember, were somewhere around near the bathroom door.

Sierra, my roommate, looks up as I open my door with force and make a run for the kitchen to pick up a piece of toast, not wanting to show up to class on an empty stomach.

She looks up from her poured cereal in a bowl with an easygoing smile "Wow. You just reminded me of why I didn't pick the 8 a.m classes. I'm glad I didn't honestly" She said while twisting the messy bun of red hair and taking a look at her sweats and sock clad feet I slit my eyes and mutter 'bitch' at her, she just giggles and continues browsing on her phone. I don't miss the continuative dang, signaling she was bombarded with texts "Seems like you got a little fan club" I smirk at her and she actually blushes! She never does. Ok, this is a little bit suspicious.

I munch loudly on the buttered toast while grabbing my phone and make a run for the door, I linger a bit back "You're telling me all about it tonight, missy" I yell to which she responds with a quick nod accompanied by a mmhmm.

I catch the bus last minute, panting heavily while searching for a seat, I plop down in the back, gathering my hair in my hand from the unbelievable humidity. My phone rings, cutting a shrill through the otherwise silent ride. Not that there are many people boarding public transportation nowadays, I just couldn't afford a car, that is as my status of a university student. Education is overpriced and expensive.

I pick up my phone to my ear, after pressing the green button "Hey" I greet through the phone.

"The fuck took you so long to answer?" Comes out Tim's groggy voice, judging by the temper and the background noise, I'd say he just finished his Volley practice.

"Sorry, I was in a bit of a rush this morning, didn't get the chance to call you" I confess in a guilty tone. What girlfriend forgets to call her boyfriend in the morning or drop a good morning text? Bad girlfriend. Bad girlfriend. My subconscious screams at me.

"Whatever. So tonight we have the match, the one against Greenvill. You're coming" He asserts, tone demanding.

I open my mouth protesting "But I have my writing essay to-" I didn't even get to finish as he cuts me off "I said you're coming. Don't you want to support your boyfriend?" He guilt trips me into accepting. I close my eyes and sigh out tiredly. I guess I'll have to stay up tonight as well. "Mhm. Ok, I'm coming" I said in a small voice, my bubble for the day bursted and long gone.

"Good" He says and hangs up the phone, not even letting out a goodbye properly. My stomach clenches and I suddenly feel the urge to throw up, regretting eating that slice of toast.

I put my earphones in and blast on a playlist full volume, humming along to the songs on my commute to uni, to prevent myself from having a mini mental breakdown in the back of a bus.

•••

A/n:

Okie okie,
I'm just getting started.
And I can already like
where this is going!