|18|

Talia Herera

After that cynical night of a nightmare, I hid in my room for about a week. Too embarrassed for any form of human content ever again, so much that I'd wish for the ground to crack up and swallow me whole.

I was moping leisurely in my room when Sierra bursts right in "Ok missy. You did not tell me what happened. But, whatever the hell did happen is already forgotten. It's been like four days and the room is starting to stink" She instructs in her bossy way, galloping to the bed and yanking the sheets off of me.

I groan in response "Ughhh, can't I stay here for like, a million years to come?" I ask rubbing the sleep away from my puffy eyes.

"Ew. No. Firstly, we need to wash the sheets. They stink. So do you, so get your butt into the shower!" She claps her hands while barking orders and I force my body out of the bed and into the cold shower, in the meantime she opens the blinds, sunlight seeping through the otherwise dimmed room.

After that, I exit to the kitchen, pouring some cereal in a bowl for a breakfast. Sierra is sitting on the couch, texting with a gigantic smile on her face; it's safe to say it's Felix on the other end.

"Good to see you got yourself ready, we're leaving" She gets up gathering her things and I look up from my meal "Where?" I ask with a mouthful of cornflakes.

"Don't know, Felix said the guys and he would pick us up" She explains and my stomach sinks at the thought "Umm, can I not come? I'm not feeling good anyw—" I don't even get to finish before she debunks my interstellar idea "Absolutely not. You're coming. Plus, your boyfriend will be there" She teases at the end and wiggles her eyebrows suggestively.

"My boyfriend?" I ask confused. Last I checked, My relationship status read single with a punch in the gut.

"Duhh, Oscar's been texting me daily to get updates about how you're doing" She mentions sweetly and my heart flutters in my chest at how much he cares.

"Well, why hasn't he texted me?" I ask biting my lip anxiously.

"Said he didn't want to pressure you, something about giving you space for a few days. But just know he does care" She finishes and blush coats my cheeks as we slip out of the apartment, due to the honking from outside.

We make our way into the car, Sierra getting into the passenger seat, next to a driving Felix. While I climb into the backseat, it had Will on one side of the window, Oscar in the middle, then me at the other end of the windows.

I focus my eyes on the passing scenery, buildings and trees passing by in a blur. I can feel half of me that is glued to Oscar's side is overflowing with nerves, while still paralyzed at the same time.

Our knees were brushing against each other, and so were our elbows. The contact only creating further friction and generating electrical waves to shoot through me in waves.

"How are you" Oscar's breath fans my ear and chills rise on my skin involuntarily, it takes everything in me not to scream into a void. He smells so damn good. Freshly showered with manly cologne. It makes me want to bury my head in his neck and rest there forever.

I gulp down "I'm good" I mutter while taking notice to what the others are doing, making sure no one hears our conversation. Felix and Sierra are singing along to a Top40 song on the radio -horribly might I add- , while Will has his phone horizontally in his hand, clearly playing a game, since he has earphones plugged in.

"You sure?" He emphasizes in his deep voice and I just nod frantically, assuring him of my better state.

"Good" His lips feather-touch my earlobe and I start to feel hot all over, only for him to retreat back into his seat, taking my breath away with him.

I kept my eyes on the road, not having the courage to look back because I knew I wouldn't be able to hold myself back anymore.

"We're here" Chips Felix.

"Finally" Exclaims Will, he was getting all worked up and angry earlier about the stupid game on his phone; something about junior high kids beating him up.

"Come on, guys" Sierra says as she exits the car and we follow suit.

"We're at a bakery?" I ask facing them all.

"Yeah, we already had breakfast, and Sierra told me so have the both of you. Believe me once we get in, you'd never want to leave" Felix chuckles at my dumbfounded face and starts heading to the entrance. He takes Sierra's hand and tugs her forward while the rest of us follow silently.

•••

A/n:

I wish I could stop with the teasing already and make them a couple.
But I'm cold hearted like that;)