|15|

Oscar Atkins

Roughly ten minutes later, I was pulled away from Talia by some of the guys on the team for a game of beer pong. As much as I loved those guys as my brothers, I couldn't help but want to kick them in the stomach. Repeatedly. For snagging me away from the girl of my dreams; literally.

I follow through with two or three games before pulling out, getting a bunch of 'boo's from the guys for quitting that easily. Sorry lads, I have much more important stuff to attend to.

I come back to the kitchen where I last left Talia, finding her previous spot empty. What did I expect? Her freeze over until I come back?

I search through the kitchen, eventually concluding she's not there anymore. I make my way into the cramped makeshift dance floor of the living room, and there she was, swaying her hips to the beat of the music.

Fuck. I felt my chest tighten and I let out a deep groan at the frustration. She's throwing her head back, dancing carelessly taking my breath away with her every move. That's it. I'm making my move.

As I watch her from afar, I can't help but boil on the inside at the sight of some guy approaching her, she's clearly uninterested, tries to push his hands away while he clings at her forcefully. I start making my way towards them, making sure to make this guy regret his decision when the sound of a hit clatters through. She just punched him square in the jaw.

I launch myself beside her, grabbing his collar, adding a few punches of mine as well and she tugs my shirt, pulling me back. "Oscar, what the hell!"

"What?" I shout in frustration and a bit anger clouding my judgment at the moment.

"The fuck you doing? I don't need you punching guys on my account. I handled it" She yells back stressfully, her eyes laced with harshness.

"I don't care if you handled it. He still touched you without permission" I growl back and this seems to shut her up.

"Come on, we're leaving" I tell her over the music and lace my fingers through hers and start pulling her towards the door.

She follows silently, thankfully, not fighting me off. To be frank, I was maybe a bit distorted with the feel of her hand intertwined with mine. I was brooding to the door, fuming at the world and its jerks. She had her signature pout on her lips and I found myself resisting the urge to draw her close and kiss it away.

We make it to my car, and she stumbles almost landing face first into the pavement. I grab her around her shoulders to steady her off "You're drunk" I admit, the hiss of bitterness evident in my voice.

"I'm not. It's just not everyday I get to wear seven inch heels" She retorts and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Weren't you like present at every party? I don't know, but I think I saw you a lot last semester" I recount back to last semester where she'd come hand in hand with her shitty ex.

"Yeah, but Tim never liked the idea of me wearing heels, because when I did it made me look taller than him" She frowns at the thought and I really don't know what she saw in him.

"Well, firstly, Tim is a prick" I say and she giggles "Secondly, that won't be a problem with me. You'll wear your highest heel and you'll still have to crane you cute little neck to look into my eyes" I confess and as if on cue, she lifts her head, eyes boring into mine, her lips slightly parted.

A few moments pass between us with silence reigning, until a car honks signaling for us to move out of the road. She enters my car and I slide through my side, fastening her seatbelt then mine.

When I hear the click of the engine, her voice sounds "I don't want to go home" Her tone all cute and bubbly. If she wasn't drunk, she was tipsy, at least.

"Ok, where do you want to go?" I ask and she pouts her lips more, making her all more irresistible "I don't know" She answers and I comb through my head where to go. We had the car, the gas and the road that stretched on for miles. We could go wayward for all I care.

Suddenly, a thought lit up my mind and I knew exactly where we'll be going. I go to the drive through pick up some food and a bottle of water so she could chug it down and sober up a bit and continue driving towards the outskirts of town; my haven awaiting our arrival. I haven't told anyone about this, let alone brought someone here. All I can hope is things go in a way it doesn't make me regret doing this.

•••

A/n:

Well, well, well.