|25|

Oscar Atkins

Waking up the next morning to finding Talia's body pressed up into mine did more than just provide bodily heat surging through me. I felt my heart physically swell in literal dipped waterfalls of pure happiness.

She still had her head on my chest, which by the way was undoubtedly numb from the weight of her all night, like hell I didn't care. I was overjoyed with glad-fulness and joy that every thing else dulled trivial and insignificant in comparison.

I opened my eyes fully, taking in her form while asleep. How could someone manage to look like a heaven-sent angel with tousled hair sprayed out on their pillow messily? I had no idea but she somehow can still do that effortlessly.

I bring my face closer, taking in her features up close. The way her caramel skin went perfectly with her mid back raven hair. The way her eyelashes fluttered innocently. The designated pouty lips that made it so damn hard not to grab her and kiss her repeatedly until they swelled unabashedly with my name.

She had one hand wrapped around my torso that made it feel like a security blanket draped over me, providing safety, warmth and comfort; all in one.

I soak up her remarkable features, the way the sunlight glides over her skin smoothly. The way her body fits just perfectly with mine, every curve and crease was shaped no less than lucid perfection.

Her eyes flutter open, fingers rubbing the sleep off of her gorgeous face. She seems lost at first, then glances up to me and an easy smile generates on her lips and I pull her closer.

She sighs "Hey", looking at me lovingly, blinding me with her radiant grin. I kiss the base of her neck, nuzzled in for a few "Morning, gorgeous" I greet her in my gruffly 'I just woke up' voice.

"How'd you sleep?" I find myself asking unconsciously, hoping my presence did more good than bad.

"Like a fairy" She expresses cheerfully and I nod while grinning sheepishly "Good, so did I".

Before any of us could further talk or do anything, the doors burst open, revealing a chirpy looking Sierra "Morning sunshine! Where are— Oh" She looks sheepishly at the two of us -taken aback-, red coloring not only her hair, but also her cheeks in embarrassment at the way she caught us together.

"Hmm, I didn't know you'd be staying over. Forgive me, please go on like nothing happened, I'll even cover my eyes and turn around locking the door behind me" She admits and does in fact cover her eyes with her hands like a little child. Albeit, I did see the look she shot over to Talia before she turned, promising her a full blown interrogation the second I'm out the door.

I chuckle laughing at her antics while all Talia could do was bury her head in my chest abashed, groaning loudly at the situation. I continue laughing and she just hits my chest jokingly "it's not funny!" She deadpans although the hints of a smile can be seen peeking out her face.

"Mmm" I respond while further laughing and we soak in the moment before deciding to finally get up and do the walk of shame; not that there's anything to be ashamed of, even if something did happen I still would never shy away from it.

"Do you have classes today?" I find myself asking Talia. She rakes through her memory before settling on an answer "Not until later today. One of the few days where I don't start early, thank god" She Says.

We're currently seated on the couch in the living room, sprawled out watching random tv to pass the time.

I stand up and grab her hand, pulling her up "Come on" I tell her. "Where to?" She questions and I put my arms around her shoulders "Out for food. We've been up for a while and still haven't eaten, you think I'm going to let my girl go to class hungry?" I give her a look to make sure I'm serious and not in fact joking, I meant it when I said I wanted her. Taking care of her. Spending time with her. I want it all to be with her.

"You're crazy" She squeals while shaking her head and laughing and I pinch her cheeks lovingly "I'm not crazy I'm just hungry" I deadpan and she shakes her head "Whatever you say Mr. Grumpy Pants".

We make it out the door and into the car, in less than ten minutes we reached this cafe restaurant thingy that served amazing food. God, I was famished.

I would've taken her to the bakery but that might've taken more time and I didn't want to eat in a rush. I liked to enjoy my food, sue me.

Besides, I'll make sure we head there on the weekend, moreover exploring new restaurants and cafes together seemed like a good plan for spending time together; bonding and eating.

We enter and order omelettes each, and converse about classes and the upcoming midterms. My phone dinged and I open it to reveal a message from coach to the group chat for the team.

'Congrats boys on last night's win. I'm happy to inform you that I just got the call from the tournament. Pack up, we're playing out! Next game vs. Williamsburg in 2 days. I want you all to bring your best performance and be on your best behavior. P.s: practice canceled tomorrow due to preparations. Expect further messages throughout the day for me info. See you in 2 days!'

I almost choke on my food, I look up and almost shove the phone in Talia's furrowed face. "What is it?" She asks eyeing me suspiciously, almost worried something bad might've happened.

"Go on, read it" I pass her my phone. Her eyes scam through the lines until a grin adorns her lips "Wow, this is amazing, I'm so proud of you!" She chirps and I nod my head in appreciation at her encouragement.

A few moments later the realization sinks in and my features took a turn downwards "Why're you frowning? I thought this was great news, getting out there with the recognition and all" She explains and I nod "Yeah, I do, I'm happy. But, I can't help think that an away game means I'll have to leave you here" I answer in a small voice, not liking the distance.

"Aww, I'll miss you too! Don't worry, it'll only be a few days, besides we can FaceTime" She offers gingerly and I nod "Yes. Definitely do that. I don't think I can survive a day without seeing your face" I confess and she just resumes eating her food, although I didn't miss the tinge of red in her cheeks.

•••

A/n:
So I just had the worst day today and I feel crappy, but I wrote this so.. I hope all turns out good.