|13|

Oscar Atkins

Finishing volley practice, I take a shower and make my way through the corridors of school. Will and I walking side by side, while Felix was already done and said he'd wait for us in the parking lot.

Undoubtedly, he wanted alone time to talk to his girlfriend. It feels weird saying it on my tongue. The words 'Felix' and 'girlfriend' being used in the same sentence.

"What the heck, dude" Will questions and I turn my head towards where he's looking at, only finding Talia and Sierra standing there, chatting with my friend.

"Consider it your lucky day, bastard" Will grin goofily, and I punch his arm jokingly. Was my little crush that obvious?

"Yes. You literally got some drool on your mouth" Will answers and I realize I must've said that aloud. After attempting to wipe my mouth, I find nothing.
"Fucker", I mutter under my breath.

We round the corner where they're standing and they turn to us, greeting and exchanging pleasantries.

"Well, we're just headed to get some food. Girls, want to join?" Felix asks, looking at Sierra and Talia.

They just look at each other, communicating telepathically -some girl superpower- and Sierra links Talia's arm in hers "Sure" She replies and we split at the parking lot.

Felix and Sierra go into Felix's car, while Talia, Will and I take mine.
After agreeing on some diner downtown, we ride there calmly for about fifteen minutes before pulling into the diner.

As we enter, we take a booth to the side, squeezing so all of us can fit. Firstly sits Felix, then Sierra, Then Talia followed by me, leaving Will lastly at the side.

The tight fit got my side touching hers, thigh to thigh, arm to arm. Electricity shoots up inside me and I wonder does she feel the same? Or is she annoyed by my touch? Well, if she is, she never shows it, then.

Our waitress comes and Will makes it his mission in life to flirt with her. We just watch him with amused eyes. He flirts with anything with a skirt. We snicker as the waitress basically dejects his attempts at hitting at her, and notes our orders silently.

I relax back into the booth, my arm resting behind me, more accurately behind Talia's back, and I lean backwards unknowingly getting more of her distinguished scent. She always smells like lavenders and lilies and every beautiful flower there is to describe.

My fingers unintentionally grab a piece of her hair, twisting and twirling around with it, liking the soft feel of it, and I lean into her ear "Are you good?" I ask and she just nods quickly, not saying anything.

The moment our orders arrive, we dive into the thick of it, nothing but munching on food can be heard for the first ten minutes, it was then that conversation flowed. After everyone satiated their hunger.

"There's this party on Friday, you guys going?" Sierra asks while popping a fry in her mouth, Will automatically nods while still devouring his sandwich.

"I-I don't know" Talia says and I glance over at her. She shifts beside me uncomfortably and my hand that's around her shoulder starts drawing shapes on her arm, caressing up and down, tracing the soft skin with a feather like touch.

"Come on, you totally should. Plus, you already finished your homework yesterday, right?" She asks and Talia nods "Yeah, but still" She hesitates.
"I think you should come" I whisper in her ear, she perks up at me "Why's that?" She asks defiantly.

"Because if you're not there, then I don't want to go either" I say quietly, making sure no one hears but her.

She takes a huge gulp of her glass of water, then finally puts me out of my misery "Ok, I'll come" She announces and my stomach dances with joy. I don't think she realizes how much she affects me.

We shortly make it home after that, my mind constantly thinking back to what was it like being near her, to feel her body heat against mine. Her soft skin caressing mine while her lavender scent infiltrates my nose.

"Dude, I think you should ask her out" Says Will.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Yeah, if I see you looking at her like a lost puppy more than I already have, I don't think I'll be able to hold my stomach anymore" He mutters jokingly and I chuck a pillow straight into his face.

"Ouch" He winces, rubbing his face from the hit, while chucking a pillow my way. Soon the whole place is a mess.

"I think I'll do it" I finally say.

"Yeah?" He says with a hopeful tone in his voice.

"Yeah, I'll ask her out at the party" I confess and he just pats me on the back.

"Good for you, bro" He says and when I went to bed that night sleep escaped me. I was up all night, until the crack of dawn, thinking and dreaming about a specific raven haired girl that made my lips twitch into a smile unknowingly.

•••

A/n:

An upcoming party ahead...
Nothing good happens at parties,
or maybe it does..?