|10|

Talia Herera

I found myself questioning the reason I wasn't grieving for the definite loss of my relationship. Aren't I supposed to lock myself up in my room watching The Notebook or other comfort movies while feasting on a tub of ice cream?

That's the most I've seen in movies, but you know movies do tend to romanticize life a bit too much, glorifying even the minute of details.

That first night when I got home, I puked my guts out in the bathroom then fell head down on the bed, too exhausted -mentally and physically- to do anything beside sleep.

Then, I woke in the morning with a killer hangover that I had to cure with two pills of Advil and some chamomile tea. I know, who even drinks tea nowadays? Me. I drink tea. I find it calming and relaxing and everything opposed to the caffeinated anxiety drive coffee offers. I hate coffee to the bones. Or maybe to the beans, if you get what I mean.

After that, I thought I was finally ready to wallow in sadness and self pity, but strangely nothing came. It's like my mind really doesn't think I've lost anything valuable by cutting ties with Tim, which is a sarcastic little truth; since he barely was there. He barely did anything.

My physical state tends to think so at least, while emotionally, I'm aware I'm badgered up and in need of healing, or more fittingly cleansing. Something to detox his previous toxic presence from my life.

Making my way to the kitchen, I'm not all that surprised to see a disheveled Sierra coming out of her room. Hair sticking all out, only covered with a t-shirt that reached her mid thigh. Undoubtedly, Felix's t-shirt.

"Morning" I chirp while scanning the fridge for something to eat. She just stretches, rubbing the sleep off her eyes "Morning" She responds.

I throw my head back to her "So, please do tell, how was last night missy?" The amusement clear on my face. Her cheeks stain red from embarrassment and she whisper-yells "Shh! He's still here. When he leaves, I'll tell you everything" finishing off with a wink I chuckle and pull out the orange juice after not finding the appetite to eat anything else.

Sierra saunters back into the room. I'm thankful for the soundproof effect on the walls, or else I would've had a restless night, albeit drunk and knocked out dolly considered.

By noon, I've caught up with most of my homework for Creative Writing, moreover I've started that Organic Chemistry project. It surely feels nice to have things back on track. I'm the one in control.

Deciding it was time for a break, my back fucking felt like a wood-board due to all the sitting, I swear when I rub my eyes letters and numbers hang around in the air. I needed that break. I get out into the living room, finding Sierra already seated on the couch, looking much more presentable than earlier.

"Hey" I greet as I plop down beside her.

"Hey, honey. How did you sleep last night? I apologize already if there was too much noise" She offers and I shake my head laughing.

"No, really I was so knocked out that I dropped head down. Don't worry, the walls are soundproof" I offer earnestly.

"Still, the way Felix was last night, I umm, I would expect the noise to reach the neighbors down the street" She says while twirling a chunk of red hair in between her fingers.

"Wow, that good, huh?" I ask and she nods a bit of shyness shining through her cheeks.

"Well, I'm glad for you" I offer with a smile on my face. She was my best friend, and if she's happy then, I'm happy.

"Ok, now that we're done with me. What the fuck went down last night with Tim?" She asks, her tone changing from giddiness to gloominess in a matter of a split second.

I clear my throat "Nothing, really. I broke up with him" I respond shrugging my shoulders a bit to let her on in my indifference to the situation, providing her with with details.

Her eyes triple in size "Oh my god, you did not!" She asks, her tone overtaken by sheer happiness. I forgot how much she hated him.

"Yes, I did" I reply instantly, and she hugs me tighter than my grandma does on Christmas, suffocating the air out of me.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so proud of you! Finally got ridden of Tim The Dim" She yells excitedly and I raise an eyebrow at the nickname, she smirks a little "Well, he's not your boyfriend anymore. As your ex. I get to trash talk him all I want" She compromises and I burst out laughing.

•••

A/n:
Okie okie. Now,
it's time for some progress;)