|33|

Talia Herera

We reached the hotel after the long ride I majorly spent sleeping. I woke up super stiff and in dire need of a stretch. My neck and back muscles were aching. When we got down, I took in the fresh air, being trapped in the moving vehicle for several hours.

We entered the modern decorated hotel and stood in the line, waiting for our room keys. After a while, it got to our turn, we signed in, took the cards and headed towards the elevators. Sierra and Felix and Will following through.

We spend the elevator ride in silence, each too exhausted to exchange in mindless chatter. We got to our floor and opened the rooms, the guys carrying the bags like the gentlemen they are.

I can see Sierra and Felix going in the room to our right, while Will occupied the room to our left. The moment we set foot inside, it was already noon. Oscar drops the bags on the carpenter near the bed then climbs in leisurely.

I eye him warily, bemused, leaning on the doorframe, my arms crossed. "What?" He mumbles tiredly. "Nothing" I answer back. He lifts his head up "Come here" He opens his arms for me. My pout automatically dissolves, overpowered by a genuine smile. I skip the few steps separating us before throwing myself on the bed, on him, landing with a big thump.

He chuckles and I giggle before his arms enclose around me and I snuggle in closer to his chest. He smells good, so divine, he always does. "So, what's the plan?" I ask. "We're taking a nap, then I have practice at five thirty" He says and I nod. I close my eyes, and though I've slept on the bus, I'm never not sleepy.

I flutter my eyelids shut, my hands playing with the hem of his hoodie while one hand of his plays with my hair magically, the other running up and down my back. I sigh in contentment before drifting off to sleep for the second time today.

I woke up extraordinarily groggy from my lengthy nap that lasted several hours telling by the time displayed on the clock hung on the opposite wall. I rub the tiredness away from my eyes while patting the space next to me, only to come up empty handed; reaching the conclusion that he must've left. besides, it was 4:30 p.m. so it was very plausible that Oscar was heading to practice.

I decide to be useful and started unpacking my clothes from the bags and folding them neatly to put them away in the closet. time passed by unbelievably slowly and I gave up after half an hour and decided that I needed to get out of here. so, I did the first thing coming to my mind.

after I've changed I barged outside and knocked up on my best friend's door. Sierra opened the door hastily "What is going on?" She prompts then smiles when she sees my face. "Sorry, was I that loud?" I ask and she nods "Honey, I thought you were about to take off the hinges"

We laugh and she invites me in to their room. it was a lot more messy than mine and Oscar's, that's for sure. could you imagine someone as laid back as Felix who's not the most organized guy ever, plus Sierra who probably makes an entire mess each time she searches for something. I silently thanked god that both Oscar and me are super neat and organized, otherwise it would've looked like an utter war where we both were.

"Are the guys at practice?" I ask and Sierra nods "Yeah, they went half an hour ago; mentioning something about warming up" She offers. "Oh, ok" I  respond and my mind wanders why Oscar hadn't  notified me. I checked my phone several times. Nada. I also searched the room earlier for notes he might've left. also, nothing.

I know I shouldn't be worried but my stomach brewed in a weird twisted way that made me exceptionally worry more that something was off, I just couldn't pinpoint it. I tried pushing the unwanted feeling to the base of my gut, to keep it tucked at bay, when Sierra suggested we should go visit them to show our support as the 'best girlfriends of the year' as she put it.

We locked the door behind us and started heading towards the indoors court located in the resort the hotel had. Makes sense since they're on a tournament type of thing for them to book a hotel with this. anyways, we were following the instructions on Sierra's phone as we were making turns left and right in this large hotel; I'm sure we've undoubtedly accidentally crossed a same spot twice, because everything looked similar and we were lost as hell with neither of us the self awareness to admit it.

At last, we stumbled on an area that resembled what an indoors gym would be like. I sighed because I thought we wouldn't be able to find it ever. After asking some of the people here about instructions to the volley court, turns out it's behind a doubled door somewhere in the back. we totally wouldn't  have gotten there on our own with our fantastic skills of navigation.

We hear what resembled the screams and groans of sport guys and we just smiled to ourselves. We pushed the doors open and entered the large confines. The guys we huddled to the side; seemingly on a break since they weren't in action by the net.

We step in slowly, not making our presence known. The guys were exchanging mindless chatter when a guy I don't recognize from the team yells out "Hey, Atkins, what about later tonight? You coming or should we assume you'll be too occupied with Cindy?" He says with an obvious smirk. Someone slaps him on the arm "You know Oscar is taken" He counters, appalled at the suggestion.