|23|

Oscar Atkins

The entirety of the shower is spent in excessive overthinking about the recent events of the night. When Melody came up high on her game of flirting and teasing I freaked the hell out.

To be frank, she was a pretty girl. She wasn't bad to look at or anything by any means, but I had my heart already occupied by a raven haired girl, and it stubbornly refused to acknowledge anyone else beside her.

To think back to my actions, I totally freaked out that I kissed Talia and introduced her as my girlfriend. My heart was on the verge of exploding back then. No kidding, I thought my heartbeat was loud enough in a way people would turn around irritated, telling me to shut it down.

From calling her my girlfriend, to holding her in my arms. I can't help but notice how it felt right. It all came naturally to me anyways. The chemistry was there. The attraction. The compatibility. Everything felt whole. Complete in a certain way.

I got dressed up fast and headed outside to the parking lot where Talia said she'd patiently wait for me. As I exit, I notice her standing near my car, looking all cute with her hair pulled up into a ponytail. Her feet were tapping against the ground rhythmically.

As I approach, Mason, the guy Sierra warned me about got to her. He had an easy grin on his face while his hand was scratching the back of his neck. Cute and all, but she's mine.

She exchanges a few words with him, politely shaking her head off when he asked her something and I find myself fastening my pace unconsciously, eager to reach her and claim her lips in a proper kiss this time.

His features change in a heartbeat, his face crestfallen, shoulders sagging and the light in his eyes gone. Good, I'm hoping she told him where to shove it.

I come in just in time, saving her just like she did me half an hour ago. I engulf her into my arms, leaning to kiss her forehead "I'm back, miss me?" I murmur in her hair. God, her and her addictive smell.

She leans back into me while humming. A few seconds later, Mason takes it as his cue to leave. Refreshing to see he doesn't have brain damage.

We board the car silently after that, both getting lost in the content of the dreaded conversation awaiting ahead of us.

We sit in silence in the almost empty parking lot, by this time, everyone left to get drunk at the outrageous after parties.

"So, umm, your girlfriend huh? Care to explain?" She asks facing me from the passenger seat.

I turn, running my hand through my hair frustratedly. "Yeah, I actually freaked out when Melody approached me" I said justifying my earlier behavior.

"Oh, so you used me as an excuse to get her off your back?" She asks accusatively and my heart sinks at the pedestal she's holding herself on.

"Fuck, no. It's not what I meant. I mean, I did tell her that but it's not like I don't wish it was the truth" I say holding her twiddling fingers in my hands.

"What did Mason talk to you about?" I inquire and she just frowns "Why're you asking about that?" She pouts her lips making her all the more irresistible.

"Fuck, Talia, just tell me what he wanted" I huff frustratedly. She responds "He was asking me out on a date" Her voice small.

"And what did you say?" I further ask.

"I, uhh, I told him that it was really sweet but I already had a boyfriend, then you came out all of a sudden an—" She blabbers on when I grab her and pull her into my lap.

"Ahh, what're you doing" She asks gasping, her legs straddling mine, we're chest to chest and my hands land on her waist while hers are placed on my chest.

"Pulling my girlfriend in for a kiss" I answer in a duh tone.

Her cheeks heat "Bu-but I'm not your girlfriend" She exclaims.

"Sure you are. Need any reinforcement? Will you be my girlfriend?" I ask seriously and she just gapes up at me, nodding her head shyly followed by that little smile "yes".

"Good girl" I mutter huskily before slamming my lips into hers. My hands tighten around her waist, squeezing the skin gently but affirming-ly. She reacts by snaking one hand on the nape of my neck, tugging strands of hair between her fingers. While the other hand reaches my shoulder blade and hangs there scratching soothingly.

A low moan slips out of me at the action and I tug her closer, intensifying our kiss, biting on her bottom lip, then slipping my tongue in her mouth.

We stay afloat making out and exploring each other until oxygen becomes a necessity, we pull apart both flushed and I attack her jaw and neck with butterfly kisses, her soft skin and delicious scent turning me on more.

She just clings to me, moaning and shuddering beneath me while her hands work my back.

"Wow" She says when we pull apart.

"Yeah. Wow" I repeat, panting for air.

"Do you want spend the night over at my place? I mean just cuddling, I'm not ready for you know.." She offers nervously, her eyes focused on her twiddling fingers. Almost as if I'm not offered sex on a silver platter I'll lash out or something.

My chest tightens at the thought of her being treated this retched way. I certainly plan on changing that. I lift her chin up slowly, forcing her to meet my gaze.

"Of course, I'll be glad to" I assure her while planting a few kisses on her face, she giggles and I find myself liking the sound of her happiness.

•••

A/n:

All I can say is:
Fina-fucking-ally.
Also, single as a pringle.