|03|

Oscar Atkins

Making my way to Psych. class, I was speeding down the hallways to avoid prof. Richard's wrath. He was a ruthless man, always had a thing for punctuality. Dare enter his class late and he would slice you up and psycho-analyze you under his microscopic observational eye. I liked to remain intact, my dignity and psych too, thank you very much.

I was zooming between students, towering over most of them, which provided a good vantage point to navigate my way easier around the busy halls. So engrossed that it took my by surprise when I collided with something. Or rather, someone.

A girl went flying to the ground. She couldn't be taller than 5'6 or 5'7 max, appearing as a dwarf next to my physique, I notice the raven black hair reaching her mid back and caramel skin, the papers I failed to see all along in her hands, went flying down due to the collision.

She makes a "humph" sound upon falling and raises a hand to take out an earphone and smoothes over her face. Meantime, I stood almost unaffected, she was the one with all the damage. I slowly crouched down, gathering all her papers in my hand as an apology "I'm sorry" we both blurted out in the same time, causing us both to laugh and shrug it off. I helped her off and went on to my class. Right after I sat down my mind drifted to her and I realized what a huge mistake I had done. I didn't ask for her number. Or her name. Or anything.

She'll be labeled as the stranger I collided with for eternity in my memory. I sigh and rub my hands on my face.

Then an idea lit up my head in a bulb like way. Tonight was our big game against Greenvill. One could only hope that she makes an appearance. After all, many students came to cheer us on, mainly because of the woeful after parties.
Excitement and awaiting both rest in the pit of my stomach kneading my guts in anticipation. Prof. Richards enters the class and starts blabbering on and on.

After two classes of Psychology and one class of biology, I skipped the hallways to escape outward towards the gleaming sun. Although, September, the sun was still cast above sending rays of heat unconditionally onto the earth. I lathered in the gentle heat, knowing it'll soon disappear into the grayish blue skies and autumn would take over soon.

Spotting Felix and Will far off on the grass, I make my way to them. I arrange myself, formatting a small circle consisting of the three of us while we discussed the condition of the team and what needed to be improved upon observation and what not. Just a bunch of guys discussing volley.

"Mike needs to tighten his grip a bit if he wants to serve" Will says and Felix and I nod in agreement. Serves are important as play-starters. Sometimes they can make or break a game.

"Left wing is gold. I wouldn't change anything about it"

"Dean needs to fucking jump higher sometimes" As a libero, planted in the middle, your job basically consists of jumping and galloping high, to prepare the ball for the spikers -who are positioned near the net- to spike the ball and win a point.

We continued on until we had more classes to attend, the day went on uneventful after that, but it was the night I was looking for. Firstly, we meet out nemesis after a long break. Secondly, I was eager to see if a certain black haired girl that piqued my intrigue unintentionally was going to make it.

•••

A/n:

Ta ta ta...