|31|

Oscar Atkins

Turns out my girlfriend can not only throw a ball correctly, she's also considered decent at volley, even great I would dare to say.

"Now, as you serve this ball, you need to aim it so it lands somewhere in the other team's area" I instruct while correcting her position slightly, indicating with my hands the rectangular drawn out lines. When I step aside she throws the ball and it lands right across from us, in the other team's center area.

"How was this?" She asks while turning to me, sporting a carefree expression.

"Very good. You're doing a fantastic job baby" I compliment truthfully and she just grows a few layers red. My shy girl.

"Ok, I don't want to overwork you. So that's it for today. You're a natural by the way" I start and her eyes widen in enthusiasm and anticipation.

"Does that mean..?" She starts and I nod.

"Yeah, I'm telling you about the surprise" I say and squeals jumping up and down.

"Ok, so let's take a seat first" I drag her away to the sidelines where we sit on the bench and I don't know if I'm sweating from the exercise or from the nerves of awaiting her reaction.

"So, umm, you know how we leave tomorrow for the game?" I start and she nods.

"And how I said I'll miss you so much, how hard it's going to be even though it's only a few days?" I reiterate.

She grabs my hand in hers, playing with my fingers, spreading a warm feeling from inside "Yeah".

"Well, we don't have to anymore" I start but she cuts me off.

"What? What do you mean we don't have to anymore? Are you breaking up with me? D-did I do something wrong?" She starts hyperventilating the worst case scenario, and before she collapses from stress and anxiety I pull her gently on my lap.

"Hey, hey. Look at me. Nothing is wrong, you didn't do anything. Sorry, it's my fault I should've worded my thoughts better. What I meant by we don't have to, is that we -it was mainly Felix's idea- got both you and Sierra tickets to come with us" I start and she looks up at me in confusion "Come where?"

"Come with us tomorrow. We already got your tickets, plus the hotel arrangements are already taken care of. All you need is to pack your bags and come spend a few days away from here. You know, it could be our little getaway".

"You-you want me there?" She sounds perplexed, unsure.

"Yes. I want you there, that if you want to come" I state hopefully.

"I-i...Yes" She lets out and I look at her.

"Yes, what?" Making sure I didn't misunderstand her.

"Yes, I want to come" She grins and I pull her in for a quick kiss.

"Perfect"

"I mean I still have tests to study for.." She mentions in a quiet voice and I was quick to respond "Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to study while I'm at practice" I stress and she pokes my cheek with her finger "Perfect. Now shut up and kiss me more".

And I do just that. Throwing all my worries out the window. I cling to her and we make out for some good time before we decide to head back, because she was already running late and still needed to pick what to pack and what not. Girls logic.

We made it shortly after to her place, we walk hand in hand, sporting swollen lips, and big goofy smiles on both our faces.

The apartment door was already opened when we arrived, which set Talia off strangely. She said Sierra never leaves the apartment unlocked.

I pushed the door, finding nothing wrong. I advanced slowly, keeping Talia glued to my side in case anything happens.

I hear slightly shuffling noises and tension builds up inside of me, we keep stepping lightly into the premises, closer to the source of noise until I was met with a sight that paled my whole face.

I look into Talia's face, seeing her mirroring my exact expression on her face while gulping and looking away in secondhand embarrassment.

I clear my throat and that's when a skimpy looking Felix and Sierra jump away from each other from the couch, startled to be caught in the act.

"What the fuck" Felix mutters as he throws his shirt back on, pulling his pants zipper up.

Sierra clung onto a pillow to cover her into decentness, while searching for her discarded blouse somewhere.

"How'd you get in here?" Felix asks grumpily.

"Through the door you smartass. Next time, remember to lock the door if you know you're having sexy time" I start while Talia grabs my arm, almost doubling over from embarrassment. Though, I think I caught her biting her cheeks to stop herself from laughing.

"Anyways, pack it up kids. After your next fight, you can have angry makeup sex" I snort and Sierra grows several sheets redder, the look of horror evident in her eyes.

"How'd you know that?" She asks defiantly and I smirk "You think I didn't notice the claw marks on Felix's back?" I swear I heard Felix cuss me out under his breath while she remained silent like a lamb.

Talia pulled on my sleeve "Enough teasing, come on, I still need go pack" She urges while pulling us to her room, shouting a quick 'sorry' back to our friends.

"Stop pulling me baby" I say and she lets her hands down "Sorry".
"No it's fine, especially if you're into things like that?" I quirk an eyebrow and she looks up at me dumbfounded.

"Hmm?" I question as she darts to the room, as red as a tomato. "I'm not having this conversation now. Nope"

"Oh, so if I kick them out, we would be having this conversation?" Mirth dances in my tone.

"That's not what I meant. Ughh. Let's just pack" She nudges me to the closet, pulling out her clothes and I kiss the side of her head "Fine, baby".

•••

A/n:

Another chapter done!