|12|

Talia Herera

I was studying in the library, knowing that a change of scenery was fueled motivation to study better from time to time, plus I think I would die if I kept crammed up into my room like a dead corpse.

I had my laptop in front of me, books sprawled out on each side, pens and highlighters scattered on the table, adding to the mess in front of me. A figure plops down to the chair adjacent to mine, and suddenly I find myself cursing the way I look.

I had my hair gathered up in a messy bun resting atop of my head, wearing black leggings and an oversized hoodie, you know the basic 'I don't even wanna try' look. Studying in the library on a Wednesday seemed a bit too arbitrary for dressing up and getting dolled. Now, I wish I spent extra time in the morning on making myself more presentable, especially since all Oscar was wearing is a t-shirt and jeans and he still rocked it like a model. Not fair.

"Hey" He greets and I close my laptop, fully knowing that I can't seem to focus when he's there, a hair length away from me.

"Hey you" I greet back with a smile.

"What're you doing?" He asks, taking interest into the massacre of books and notes on the table.

I purse my lips "Studying" Sounding a bit too gloomy for my state. He can probably smell the despair in the air, with Autumn rolling around the corner, it wasn't that hard either.

"You hungry?" He asks and look up into his eyes, the prettiest shade of hazel I've seen, "umm, kind of, why're you asking?" I let out and before I can register what is happening, he gets up "Come on, we're going to get food" My eyes light at the sound of the word. All I had in the morning was a cup of green tea, which is great in the mornings but doesn't come anywhere near being a nourishing meal.

I just stay seated, staring up at him in a complete haze, he lifts an eyebrow "Go on, pack up your things" He orders and I do as he says, neatly putting my stuff in my bag.

We walk side by side through the hallways, and I don't miss the shooting glares I'm sent by the female body.

"Your fan club is mad" I utter to him.

"What fan club?" He retorts back

"Ob, come on, don't tell me you don't know how most of the girls drool on the sight" I let out and a knowing smirk clads his face.

"Oh, is that so?" He asks and my cheeks feel they've caught on fire from the intensity of his gaze.

"Mmm" Is all I can find in me to answer without my voice betraying me.

"Does that include you?" He playfully questions, and right this second I knew I was doomed. The fuck I'm supposed to say to that?

"I'm not stupid, if I knew I wanted to get a casual hookup, I would've walked into the sports locker room and asked the first guy my eyes catch" I answer.

"Talia, that's —, it's not what I meant" His face contorts into regret.

"I know, and I'm not blaming you. But after breaking up with Tim, I'm not ready to invest my time in someone like him. Someone who won't put me first. Someone who doesn't want me as much as I want them" I let him in on the thoughts I've been thinking lately. True to my word, I'm not ready for shitty boyfriend no.2 to come and finish what Tim started.

His jaw clenches and all he does in nods stiffly, like somehow my words affected him. That can't be true, right?
The handsome Oscar Atkins whom had girls falling at the sight of him, affected by me.

We walk into the parking lot, side by side, silently. Seeming the atmosphere shifted between us. I always talk too much and don't know when to stop. Stupid me. I maybe have just pushed him away unknowingly. My stomach churns with anxious thoughts and I find myself not that hungry anymore.

We climb into the car, the weather turning gloomier, mocking my mood almost. He pulls out into the road and I bite my tongue not wanting to cause further damage.

"What do you want to eat?" He asks and I turn to him.

"Anything is fine, really" I say and he just shakes his head.

"What're you craving right now"

"Umm, honestly? Burger and fries" I answer faithfully and he nods "Burgers and fries, it is".

Ten minutes later we pull up to the drive through of some diner, order our respectable meals and drinks and wait until we get them. Then he drives a bit further into the parking lot, parking the car to the side, and turns towards me while opening the bags.

We devour the food like we've been deprived for months, at least I do so. I moan in delight as the heavenly taste hits my mouth.

I find him frozen, staring at me vaguely "What?" I ask exasperatedly.

"N-nothing, you just have some ketchup on your mouth" He says quietly.

My fingers shoot to clean the spot, though I seem to be failing. "Here, let me" He says and leans in closer, his scent engulfing my whole body.

His thumb darts out to wipe my mouth, electrifying the flesh it touches. My breathing grows erratic at the proximity and my heart picks up pace involuntarily.

Just like that, he moves back into his seat, and I wish he stayed a bit longer, maybe a bit longer could last forever.

•••

A/n:

What do you think about this chapter?