|22|

Talia Herera

"Come on, you should get ready" Sierra tells me when she enters my room.

"Yeah, give me a few seconds and I'm on it" I tell her while tidying my things up. I was working on Chemistry homework and thank god I had it finished for the day, or else I would've stayed up all night after the match to finish it.

I shuffle through my closet, picking out the outfit I chose earlier and skid to the bathroom in order to change. Roughly fifteen minutes later I was out.

"If you don't hurry your ass, we're going to be late" Yells Sierra from the door and I gallop there while collecting my phone and keys and then we're out.

We were currently boarding the bus to uni, the guys had a game and invited us to watch, or 'cheer them on' as Will liked to put it. When we reached there, the parking lot was swarming with students. We walk ahead, nodding in greeting to some familiar faces.

The volley court was brimming with people, the stands are almost full with cheering audience, people chatting and laughing at every corner.

We make it gracefully to our seats, although we had to squeeze by some people in order to get there, facing rude stares and uttering faint 'sorry' out of politeness while doing so.

"Ughh, it's so packed that I can barely breathe" Sierra complains and I nod, it really is a packed night. No empty seats, a few actually had to sit by the stairs or squeeze in by the sides.

"Yeah, but hopefully the game will make up for it" I say, the guys are stretching and obviously are ready to bring their A game facing the opponent.

Once the announcer declares the beginning of the match, we settle into our seats, knowing it's about to be a long night.

Halfway through the match I hear some giggling to the side and turn my head finding Melody and her friends. She's a senior and though we normally don't mingle and had never had any bump ins with each other, truth be told; we're not each other's biggest fans.

We respect the other mutually. Each doing her own thing, we just don't run in the same circle.

"Oh my god, look at how hot he looks" Says Brianna, pointing a finger towards the well lit court.

"Mhm, especially wearing that! Every time he jumps high I think I want to jump him" Utters Jenna and they all end up laughing at her joke.

"Yeah, I'm making my move tonight, wish me luck ladies" Giggles Melody.

Brianna gasps "But I heard he has a girlfriend, or seeing someone" She offers informatively.

"Yeah, Tally or something. She was Tim Sulfaire's girlfriend, not anymore, bad breakup" She adds on and they take the info in.

"I don't care if he's single or taken, I'll probably change his mind by the end of the night anyway. Time to let Oscar know what he's missing out on" Argues Melody and her words serve like a sucker punch to the guts.

All this time..she meant Oscar, of course she meant him, why wouldn't she. He was obviously handsome and as far as I know single. But then, Tally.. they must've confused my name.

As far as I know, Oscar and I aren't 'dating', he hasn't asked me out, we surely hang out but that doesn't mean he's interested in me that way, does it?

Why do I feel a pang in my chest at Melody's words. He's not mine. He's his own free person that can do whatever he wants to do.

But then, a burning sensation settles in my stomach, rising like bile all the way to my throat, making it hard to breathe. I think I'm choking at my own jealousy.

It's nearly the end of the match, we're up by a lot of points, enough to guarantee a win and I inform Sierra I'll go to the bathroom real quick. She nods and tells me to keep my phone and 'get my ass back by the next five minutes or else she's calling the police'.

I sigh and nod, sliding through the stands to the bathroom. I can faintly hear some loud cheering in the background, plus, the announcer did declare our win. A small smile settles on my face and I finish my business quickly and get back galloping, wanting to congratulate the guys on their deserved win.

The once full stands are empty, as people race down the steps in order to congratulate the team. Everyone's laughing and smiling, the atmosphere energetic and wild.

I make it to the court, the sound of my boots hitting the floors drowned out by the noises of shuffling crowds. I start making my way towards the center of the court; to where the team is.

As I'm nearing with every step, my heart stops at the sight. Melody standing next to the guys, her hand casually resting on Oscar's, while giggling and laughing flirtatiously. I can see Sierra nodding and rolling her eyes in annoyance. I guess our feelings are mutual.

Oscar gently but firmly removes her hand, and the smile knocks off of Melody's face. Good.

I'm only two steps away when I hear Oscar saying "I have a girlfriend". My ears perk at the words and my stomach twists in knots in anticipation.

I finally make it there, the guys' faces imitate real relief once I'm back, Sierra smirks and winks at me while I'm oblivious to the whole situation.

"Hey guys, what's—" I don't get to finish before Oscar pecks my lips, his hands circling my waist. I should be complaining about his sweaty physique, or the fact that he's smelly. But I can't. My mind turns to mush at the contact. All I'm thinking about is slamming my lips on his.

Before I can utter a thing he rapidly says "Hey baby, you're back late. Everything ok?" He asks me and I weirdly nod my head while my eyes hold questions that need immediate answers. The look he's giving me reassures that he'll do just that the soonest he can.

I turn to Melody, my smile gigantic as I place my hand on Oscar's which firmly sits on my waist. I intertwine our fingers and lean into his back "Hi, I'm Talia, Oscar's girlfriend, nice to meet you..?" I feign ignorance, although I'm well aware of whom exactly she is. Call it petty, call it jealous.

"Hi, I'm Melody. Nice to meet you. I should probably go back to my friends" She gestures behind her and we nod in fake sympathy.

The moment she's gone Sierra huffs l, Felix making it his job in calming her down, while Will bursts out laughing as usual.

"Congrats on the win, you wrecked it there. On another note, you guys seriously stink. Go take a shower" I say shooing them with my hands.

"We'll talk after I'm finished" Oscar whispers in my ear and I nod, knowing he owes me an explanation.

•••

A/n:
Mhmm, a step in
the right direction, is it now?