|27|

Oscar Atkins

After dropping Talia back at her place, I got to mine shortly after, in the sole intention of packing. I hoped it doesn't take a long time since well, all I had to do was throw in some jeans and t-shirts. And boxers. And sweatpants for sleeping. Plus, socks and shoes. Don't forget hair and body shampoo. Moreover, toothbrush and toothpaste. A hair brush. And my volley gear.

Fuck! Now that I'm thinking about it, it doesn't sound that much easy and appealing as I thought it would be. Ughh.

I stalked towards my room with slumping shoulders. I hated packing with a burning passion.

No matter how diligent and careful you try to be, or the amount of mental or physical lists you make and double -even triple- check just to ensure you got everything, you always end up missing something when you arrive at the destination. Or ironically, maybe four to five hours on the road.

Point being, you never remember what you forgot when you're still at home -where it's fixable- it's always once you're too late.

Fuck dude, it's just packing, why am I making such a fuss?

Anyways, the front door slams open and I recognize it immediately as Will. Everyone had distinguished footsteps that could tell them apart from anyone else.

Advanced advice: based on the pace, speed and heaviness of the footsteps, you could also determine the mood of said person.
Weird analogy I know. I just can't help but subconsciously pick up these weird little things till I drive myself insane with how much I overthink it.

"Hey dude, got coach's message?" Will asks as he barges in my room coolly. I lift the shirt I'm currently folding and look back at him "No dipshit, I'm going on a journey to discover unicorns" I answer sarcastically and he folds his hands on his chest while narrowing his eyes to slits. Typical Will.

"Joke's on you, unicorns already exist" He bites back bitterly and a chuckle escapes my throat "Whatever floats your boat, big guy!" I let out and we both burst out laughing. That's Will for you, no topic could ever be considered too random or weird to be discussed with him.

"Seriously though, I already finished packing my duffel bag, as you are close with yours, where is Felix? I haven't seen him since today's morning" Will asks curiously and I frown, I haven't seen or talked to him since last night, given the fact that I slept at Talia's last night.

"I haven't heard from him either" I let out and Will nods wonderingly, and my mind drifts to last night. Nothing wrong or out of place happened. Everything seemed fine with him and Sierra. What could've happened over the course of today?

"I'm calling him" Will takes out his phone, putting it on speaker and I find myself leaning in curiosity and worrisome.

We hear the phone ring continuously for what stretched on for forever, when actually it lasted a minute or so before it disconnected. I tried later with my phone, but there was no difference. Both times, it kept ringing until it disconnected. Weird.

"What do we do now?" Will asks frowning vehemently.

"How about we ask Sierra?" I offer, hopefully they'll be together or she'll know where he is.

"No, wait. What if he's not with her and she only gets worried?" Will counters and I sighs and nod in agreement "You're right".

"Hold on, I got an idea" I say as I unlock my phone again, this time opting to text my girlfriend.

"Why're you texting Talia now?" He knits his eyebrows and I smirk "Because who knows Sierra's whereabouts better than her best friend?" I explain and he nods impressed.

I shoot a quick text to Talia asking about whether she saw Felix today, or if she knows if him and Sierra are together.

'Not really, ever since you dropped me off she's been inside, and we're watching a movie together now. No Felix'

'Although, I did mention tomorrow's playoffs and she was surprised. Your friend hasn't said anything about that to her. Isn't she his girlfriend:/'

Talia's response threw me off guard even more. Where the fuck was Felix. Why is his phone turned off? And most importantly, why hasn't he told Sierra -his girlfriend- about the playoffs.

Everything screamed ambiguously dubious and suspicious that I almost had a mental breakdown from trying to piece together this puzzled enigma.

The air that was usually filled with nothing but good spirits and fun times in laughter and teasing suddenly turned violent, bringing a wave of sizzling electricity into the atmosphere. I almost pulled my hair out while groaning loudly.

However, the click of a lock pulled me right out of that hole. Will and I looked up simultaneously at each other, both having this 'click' moment, and soon we were racing to the source of the noise; the front door.

When we both spotted that familiar silhouette, the first thing I felt was relief washing through my body, my muscles finally relaxing. Secondly, I felt agitation and furiousness as I'm sure so does my other best friend because we both pounced onto Felix, almost knocked him off to the floor.

"Wha-what're you guys doing. I- I can't  ..breathe" He groans and we shove him hard; lovingly but still hard.

We both get up from him, pulling him up and guiding him towards the living room couch. We each hold pointed accusatory gazes pinned to Felix who's seated obliviously on the couch.

"What's up with you guys?" He asks breaking the deadbeat silence.

Will and I look knowingly at one another, then turn to Felix "You got some serious explaining to do, man" I mutter and I can't shake the look of amusement gleaming onto his face.

•••

A/n:

Ok ok, I promise next chapter we hear Felix's full story. I literally am impressed with myself for creating this plot. Like, hello action/thriller author ;)