|21|

Talia Herera

Sierra and I made it out of the apartment and onto the bus, transporting our way to uni for a quo on quote 'to surprise the guys with homemade sandwiches after practice'.

At first, my eyes went goo-y at the gesture Sierra suggested we do. I mean they would appreciate it, right? They wouldn't get mad at us for showing up unannounced.

Although, I already discussed my fears with Sierra, she kept saying that they're cool and she really is Felix's girlfriend, so she does whatever shit she wants. Can't argue there.

I have a feeling brewing in my stomach that it'd be better to drop a text in order to let them know we're coming. Tim used to get all mad and riled up if I showed up somewhere without telling him in advance, and it kind of grew on me I guess.

Halfway through the ride, I wanted to snatch the steering wheel from the bus driver and commute my way back, though I forced my butt to stay glued to the seat I'm on.

Sierra was humming a random tune while scrolling through Instagram, and I kept looking at her. Hopefully, her put-together attitude could rub off on me.

"Stop worrying. We're not doing anything wrong. I'm there to visit my boyfriend and you're just accompanying me" She says while rubbing my arm comfortingly. I just nod, shutting the horrendous thoughts out; not giving them enough power to control me.

I control my thoughts. They don't control me. I kept repeating in my head like a sacred mantra.

When we finally arrived, we hopped down, baskets in hand and started making our way towards the 'sporty' section of uni.

We pass the football field and basketball field too, finally reaching the indoors court for volleyball. The gym looks empty and by the sweaty smell in the air, it's safe to say they've finished with practice and are currently showering/changing.

Sierra drags me by the hand "Come on" We start making our way towards the all familiar locker rooms.

When we get close enough, sounds are reverberating and bouncing off the walls. Oh uh, that's never a good sign.

"Why're you mad Oscar, is it because it sucks to have my sloppy seconds?"  Comes out an all too familiar voice. I freeze in step at the realization.

"I dare you to say that again" There's some shuffling, it's clear to conclude they're on the verge of a fight.

Sierra faces me, squeezing my hand "Come on" She has a serious expression on her face. I gulp and continue my footsteps.

When we reach the door, Felix's eyes snap to ours -mainly to Sierra's- questioning our sudden appearance, she just shakes her head and chuckles, a sign for 'later'.

"Hey, Tim" I call up for him. His eyes nearly fall out of their sockets as they bulge out while turning to face me. He surely didn't expect me to show up from thin air.

I approach him warily, nevertheless confidently, everyone's eyes following my every move.

"You know, I really did want our breakup to be as civilized as possible. Though it seems like people never learn. Oh, and by the way, you were shitty in bed. Every orgasm I had, I had to fake so you can get it over with" I confess and the guys are trying to hold in their laughs and snickers at my statement; hardly succeeding.

"One more thing" I say as I stop right in front of him "Fucking leave me alone" I warn before connecting my fist with his ugly face. He stammers back, getting caught by Killian, one of his minions, while I turn around and start heading outside.

It's not long before someone is tugging at my wrist, stopping me. I turn around to find Oscar and the guys with questioning glances in their eyes, mixed with gleams of pride and amusement.

"How did you enjoy the show, boys?" I ask enthusiastically.

"Marvelous. It was fan-fucking-tastic" Answers Will grinning sheepishly.

I chuckle "Good to know"

Oscar puts his arms around my shoulders, pulling me to him "How's the hand?" He asks while interlacing our fingers together, and the zoo in my stomach comes alive.

"For punching two guys in a weak, I'd say pretty good" I laugh, thinking towards the night of the party when I punched a creep. People just never learn sometimes.

"That's my girl" He prompts and my whole being swells at the phrase. Then he does the unexpected, bringing my palm to his mouth kissing my slightly bruised knuckles tenderly.

I was melting at the overload of sweetness, red blush covering my cheeks at how gentle he's caring for me.

"So, what brought you both here, I mean before you heard the dirtbag and all?" He inquires and Sierra blurts out "Well, since you guys do work pretty hard, we thought about surprising you. We brought homemade sandwiches" She lifts the basket up and it's like up until now it was invisible or something.

"Aww, that's pretty sweet of you" Felix confesses while pecking her quickly.

"Aren't you mad?" I whisper to Oscar and he just furrows his eyebrows in reaction "Why would I be mad? You're thoughtful and supportive. If anything, we should say thank you. You didn't have to take the time to do it, but you did" He answers and I swear his maturity is just a huge turn on at this point.

"Mmhm" I mutter in response and he just hugs me closer while kissing the top of my head. Swoon.

"Come on, we could sit outside on the grass and have a picnic" Will squeals excitedly and we all laugh and follow.

•••

A/n:
I love how Talia takes
matters into her own hands.
She doesn't need a man
to protect her, but Oscar
doing it is literal Swoon.
I'm melting.
Petition to have an
Oscar for a boyfriend.