|28|

Oscar Atkins

"You got some serious explaining to do, man" I mutter and I can't shake the look of amusement gleaming onto his face.

"I know" Felix reaches his pocket and pulls out multiple mini paper-sheets. Puzzlement mirths around and my eyebrows knit.

"What're those?" Will spits out the question before me, and we both turn with heated glazes to a mischievous Felix.

"Well, when you both were out, I went today to collect the tickets for our playoffs from school" He starts and we nod dumbfounded at him "And?" I urge him.

"Then I had the best idea strike me, and I knew I had to get it done, no matter what" He goes on and it only made me fee more stupid than I already do.

"Are you going to explain your 'Wonderful light-striken idea, or should we start throwing guesses?" Will asks sarcastically, to which Felix laughs -moe like snickers- then proceeds to nod his head, meaning he'll tell us the rest.

"Well, you know how we're playing abroad, and how hard it'll be to separated from our girlfriends? Mainly, Oscar and I, Will no offense but I'm starting to think you sway the other way" Felix confesses and Will gasps "Am not!" While stepping on Felix's foot in order to shut him up.

"Anyways, I spent the afternoon convincing coach Evans to give me two extra tickets for Sierra and Talia" My eyes widen at his words.

"I'm not finished yet. Then, when I finally got those, I had to contact the hotel we're staying in to reserve rooms appropriately, you know, change from a single room to each of us, to a single room for Will and a double for both couples" He replays and we're gaping fishes.

"Why didn't you tell Sierra about the playoffs? Talia told her about it thinking she knew but she didn't?" I ask, Talia's text popping up in my mind.

"Well, I was kind of hoping to keep it as a surprise, telling her tomorrow morning while showing her the tickets" He confesses and I nod.

"Why haven't you been answering your phone? We called you like a million times?" Will crosses his arms on his chest.

"I forgot to charge my phone before I went out, hence it shortly died after"

"So what do you say? Should we surprise the girls or what? You know, a reason why I haven't told them yet is because I wanted to run it by both of you first" He adds in a hopeful tone.

"Dude, we thought you were jumped and killed on some alley. Obviously we'd agree after all the trouble you went through. Besideski, a chance to hang out with your funnier cooler girlfriends; who'd be dumb enough to say no to that?" Will was basically jumping up and down in excitement while I kept calm, although I do wanted to jump around as well, I kept it down.

"Good idea, bro" I pat Felix on his chest and my mind drifts to Talia, will she be happy to accompany me? Will she even want to? I mean, she wouldn't miss a lot of classes since it's mainly on the weekend, albeit she had midterms to study for.

'She could study while in practice'.
A subconscious voice answers and it's really impressive how my mind seems to solve everything out when it comes to her.

Felix reaches for the tickets, handing Will his own, then me two, keeping the last two to himself.

Then, after we debated and settled the fact that neither one of us is hungry, we called it a night and each went to his own room after the eventual day.

I settled on my bed after changing to sweatpants and a basic white shirt. As soon as my head hit the pillow I grabbed my phone, the need to text Talia so overwhelming that I couldn't close my eyes before talking to her.

'Hey, you up?' I text.

A few moments later the three dots appear on the screen, causing my heart to accelerate, followed by 'yeah'.

'What're you doing?' I ask her, hoping I didn't interrupt anything. Although I know she was done studying for the day, I still wanted to make sure I wasn't a bother.

'Nothing. I'm in bed. Movie night had to end early because Sierra wasn't feeling alright:/'

'Is it serious? Is she alright?' I find myself wondering if Sierra's condition got anything to do with the way Felix ghosted everyone today, then remind myself that it's not any of my business, hence to leave it alone.

'Yeah, no need to worry, I made her tea. She's better now'

'Aww, my good baby is so helpful' I can't control the smile that cracks on my lips.
I wait a few moments, but nothing appears on the screen. I bet she has her head buried in her pillow in shyness.

'Well, tomorrow I have a surprise for you' I send and immediately she responds 'what, tell me!' She sounds excited. Good.

'No, if I reveal it now it no longer stays a surprise. You'd have to wait for tomorrow morning' I tease while smiling widely like a goofing silly seventh grader at my phone.

'Ughh. Fine' Comes her reply.

'Give me a clue at least 🥺?' She urges a few moments later, and I find myself resisting at holding my smile at her tactics, failing miserably.

'Don't try using this emoji on me, it won't work. You'll have to wait for tomorrow morning' I counter with finality.

'Mmm' Is all she responds before I switch the topic to midterms and studying, her ranting endlessly about how she quote on quo 'despised her organic chemistry major' and that 'Professor Gillman doesn't assign projects for the sake of learning, he does it for pure torturing'.

I kept smiling and laughing at her whining while at the same time encouraging her and keeping her spirits up, assuring her that her studious efforts will not go to waste. We continued talking all night, through the cracks of dawn, before we a silence settled and we both drifted to sleep.

•••

A/n:
What do you guys think?