|30|

Talia Herera

As I walked through the parking lot of uni, true to his word, Oscar stood there waiting for me, looking exquisitely handsome as always, browsing mindlessly through his phone while holding a paper bag in his other hand.

When I neared him, he shifted his attention to me, staring at me up and down, heating my insides in the process, then opening his arms out for me.

I rushed into his arms and he engulfed them around me. My red freezing nose nuzzled in his warm sweater. I clung desperately to the heat, secretly whiffing in his cologne, while his hands rubbed my arms lovingly in an attempt to fight off the bite of cold simmering in my bones.

After we pull apart, he brings up the bag that smelled of heavenly food which resulted in me grinning extraordinarily, I accepted the food and started munching on it like a maniac. Can't blame a girl when she's starved.

I was lathering the last bite when he offered a cartoon of liquid. Thinking it was coffee, I prepared my mouth to meet the strong taste of caffeine; surprisingly, it never came.

Instead, I was met with the blankety sweetness of tea hitting my tongue. I looked up to my boyfriend, finding him already looking down at me with a knowing look.

"You remembered?" I ask gaping like a little kid; although, maybe a fish would've been more accurate in this case. I recall telling him several weeks ago -back when we weren't even dating yet- how I disliked coffee, finding it meticulously strong, subsequently preferring tea.

"Of course I remembered" He answers in a duh tone and I latch onto his arms, squeezing the shit out of him in a bear hug.

His arms tighten safely around me and I melt into him. We pull apart, nonetheless keeping close, and his fingers play with the hair on the side of my neck. I look into his eyes and shift my gaze to his easy smiling lips. He seems to think the same because I found his eyes staring at my lips.

We both kept leaning in, until our lips met in a sweet gentle kiss. His lips caress mine, my hands pull on the fabric of his sweater, bringing him closer, when he locks a hand at my hip.

The actions result in us mushed together, flesh against flesh. I pull apart for air "You taste like tea. I love it" He murmurs against my lips, and we lean in again and I kiss him harder this time, not getting enough of him.

We merge into passionate sensual kissing like the other was the last gust of air available and we were on planet mars.

Once our openly PG-13 kiss was done, I remembered we were in a parking lot. Sure, it wasn't that busy at this time of day. Still, a few people passed by here and there.

Oscar glances at his wristwatch "I need to get to class. When do you finish?" He asks.

"I'll be done at 14:30. What about my surprise? Don't think I forgot about it" I say and he nods, pecking my lips "Perfect. When you're done, just head to the volley court, I'll be there. As to your surprise, not now, but I swear soon" He says before pecking my lips one more time before rushing to his class.

As I start making my way to class, I recall when we were at the cafe, coach's message said they didn't have practice today; since tomorrow they leave for their away game. My head spins as to why he said to meet him there.

I go on with my day regularly, attending all my lectures, taking notes on everything deemed important. I felt the stress move in me in waves. I just needed a vacation before exams started next week.

I still needed to study, revise certain material, memorize some flash cards, plus, I needed to solve tests from previous years to see where I'm at. Ughh, my brain just wanted to take a nap, but it was more than unattainable with all this agony accumulated atop of my shoulders.

Exiting my last lecture of the day, relieved that I was done, I stroll my way to the tennis court. The gym that I used to visit only during games looked empty; almost abandoned in the presence of no one. No lingering students hanging around chugging beer. No food stands selling overly priced manufactured fast food. It's funny how you can get used to view certain things looking a certain way; until one day they just stop. Or is it you that stops to view them that way..beats me.

My hands linger in my pockets fighting the slight stubborn breeze of fall. I enter the gym, my theory proving right. No one occupied the spacious gym besides my boyfriend..who's currently goofing around with the blue and yellow volley ball.

"Hey" I greet once I'm near enough. He halts him movements, dropping the ball and we meet halfway through the court.
He grabs my face between his hands and firmly presses his lips to mine. I snake my arms beneath his t-shirt, my cold fingertips tracing the tight muscles, earning a groan from him before he deepens the kiss.

After we're both satisfied we pull away breathing heavily. "Hey you" He greets me back and a goofy smile appears on my face.

"Aren't you cold?" I ask, taking notice how he had his sweater abandoned somewhere to the side.

"No, it's actually hot in here. I've been some while" He replies and I nod. Then, his fingers enclasp around mine, tugging me further into the gym. "Come on" He says.

"What? Where?" I ask confused. Back when I used to date Tim, I wasn't allowed here because somehow that was 'Intrusive' on his alone time..the most I was permitted was to attend a practice where all the team was in action, although I'd always have to stay by the indoor bleachers. Never seen. Never loud. Never interactive.

"I'm going to teach you how to serve,  come on" He says as we stand at one end of the rectangular floor.

"Isn't this -I mean volley- like your own thing. A-are you sure you want me here?" I can't help but ask out of old habits. This was entirely new and I didn't want to overstep my boundaries.

"What? Of course it is. You're always welcomed here baby. Always" He squeezes my shoulder affirming his words and I nod.

We stand side by side. "Ok, now what?" I ask while he picks up the ball from the ground.

"Now, we're going to see how well my girlfriend is at volleyball" He says and I giggle. I've never been a sports person, well, now we're about to see.

•••

A/n:

I have to admit.
This was super cute.