|26|

Talia Herera

After my fulfilling breakfast with Oscar, he drove me back to the apartment and headed off back home. He needed to go prepare and pack for his playoffs, whilst I, sadly, had displeasured afternoon classes to attend. Sucks, but hey, at least we spent the morning together.

I browse through my phone, while seated comfortably on the couch. I mean I did have classes to get to, but I still had a bit of time before I needed to catch the bus. Also, don't blame me; Instagram is a wicked wicked app, I can go days on no end and there would still be fresh content to skim through. This shit was highly addicting.

I hear the lock turn and eye Sierra as she makes her way towards me with tow paper-bags dangling from each arm. By the familiarized logo I concluded she was out buying groceries. My theory was proven right when she stalked to the kitchen and started unloading items into the fridge and cabinets.

"Hey Talia!" She calls from the kitchen.

"Yes?" I answer, awaiting for her to continue.

"How about you move your pretty ass over here and help me out with sorting?" She asks. I set my phone down on the table, and gallop towards her.

"Heyy!" I greet and she eyes me skeptically, her gaze piercing, penetrating into the deepest part of my soul.

"What?" I ask gulping under her laser pointer eyes, she always had this look like she knew all the secrets you held, even the ones you kept to yourself. Creepy, but that was Sierra for you.

"I don't actually need you to help me finish organizing the groceries, I'm almost done" She starts and I gasp, she made me get up from my comfortable seat on the couch for nothing!

"However, I do need you help to understand what the hell is going on with you and Atkins. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like the guy and all but how did that happen?" She smirks while nodding towards my bedroom and a coat of redness settles on my heated cheeks at earlier today. I bite my lips as I slowly turn into a tomato.

"It's..it's not like that!" I answer finally, breaking the silence.

"Not like what? I was the way you both clung to each other missy!" She argues, her hands on her hips in a joking accusatory tone, although mine did nothing to convey my words; in fact it only enhanced my guilt further.

"I-I mean it is, but not...not that" I stammer, and by the look of confusion clad on her face, it's clear to see she's lost. Ughh.

I sigh "Ok, I'll explain everything, starting from last night" I start telling my perspective of things, she mainly kept quiet; except for a few gasps when I told something climactic. She'd often widen her eyes and slap a hand over her mouth dramatically.

After a good ten to fifteen minutes of pure rambling, summarizing the recent events, I look up into her awaiting her reaction "Well?"

"Wow.." She mutters, taking it all in.

"What do you mean 'wow'?" I urged, I needed guidance, was I doing good? Did I do something iffy? Was everything normal? Did I overreact at some point?

"I mean...wow" She repeats and I feel like banging my head straight through a wall.

"Oh, by the way, did you help Felix pack for tomorrow?" I ask her and watching the bewilderment taken residence upon her face lets me know he hadn't told her yet. Weird.

"Pack for what?" She finishes with unloading everything, moving slowly to take a seat on a chair by the table.

Shit. He hadn't told her yet! What was I supposed to do? Tell her the truth? Brush it off and pretend like nothing happened, waiting for him to break the news over to her? No, I can't do that. I already spilled the beans. I sigh, dragging a hand through my hair.

"Didn't Felix tell you about the playoffs out-of-state?" I ask and she shakes her head negatively.

"Well, the volley team has an away game. They leave the day after tomorrow" I gulp as the uncertainty clouds Sierra's eyes.

"I bet Felix was or is going to tell you. Maybe he hadn't had a chance to do it yet" I justify and she nods, although unconvinced. "Yeah, probably" She swallows and a foreign air of awkwardness settles between us, shifting the atmosphere from joyful and playful into something placidly heavy.

We linger a few, before I notice the clock on the wall signaling that if I were not to leave right now, I'd miss the bus, resulting in missing my classes. With midterms on the way, like hell I'd let that happen.

I despised leaving my best friend shaken, though I assured her not to overthink things, warned her even not to do something stupid, and constantly reassured that when I get back, we could further talk it out, because it seems like there's something weighing down on her chest. A puff of heavy black cloud glooming all over, making me wish I could blow over it and make it all disappear.

•••

A/n:

After a week of nada. I'm back!!
Your thoughts on what happens next?
Also, why hasn't Felix told Sierra about the playoffs? What could he possibly be hiding? Mmm