02.3

[act two; chapter three     -     eliza taylour]

"Breathe."

Hands shook and chest heaved. Amethyst eyes gathered with tears as her body trembled. She just couldn't get enough air.

She repeated the word over and over again in her head, just begging, hoping that maybe she would be able to breathe.

Her chest felt tight and her brain was pounding against her skull, her heart felt trapped in her chest. She felt like she was going to explode, like the pressure was pushing and pushing, waiting like a ticking time bomb.

Andromeda rested over the toilet, bile building in her throat. She choked back her sobs as she lent forward, throwing up into the toilet.

Her skin had gone pale the past few months, her once fiery hair had lost its brightness, becoming dull and her eyes no longer bright and curious, but rather dead and empty. Even she had noticed it and it terrified her.

She looked like a ghost.

Even she knew it; it was scary. Really scary.

It was like a stranger living in a house in a foreign country, things just didn't match up anymore. They didn't make sense. They were different and confusing and new and it was like reality came crashing down on her. It was terrifying. She felt like she was watching her body from afar as it fell apart, like a stranger had taken over control and forced into the wild where she was completely lost and alone. She had continued to put up a facade to make people think she was fine, that she was the same person from before, that she was still the same girl who snuck out of camp at night to look at the stars in the middle of nowhere or the girl who stole strawberries from the strawberry fields, that she was the very same girl they all knew.