03.4

[act three; chapter four     -     the sun god]

Artemis assured them that dawn was coming, but really, you could've fooled any of them. It was colder and darker and snowier than ever. Up on the hill, Westover Hall's windows were completely lightless. Andromeda wondered if the teachers had even noticed the di Angelos and Dr. Thorn were missing yet.

The Hunters broke camp as quickly as they'd set it up. Percy stood shivering in the snow (unlike the Hunters, who didn't seem to feel at all uncomfortable), and Artemis stared into the east like she was expecting something while Andromeda stood nearby with Ronnie playing chopsticks to pass time. Bianca sat off to one side, talking with Nico.

Thalia and Grover came up and huddled around Percy as the Storm twins joined as well, Donnie anxious to hear what had happened during Percy and Andromeda's audience with the goddess.

When the two told them, Grover turned pale. "The last time the Hunters visited camp, it didn't go well."

Andromeda nodded in agreement, "Yup. Especially for those who were solely involved."

"How'd they even show up here?" Percy wondered. "I mean, they just appeared out of nowhere."

"And Bianca joined them," Thalia said, disgusted. "It's all Zoë's fault. That stuck-up, no good—"

"Who can blame her?" Grover said. "Eternity with Artemis?" He heaved a big sigh.

Thalia rolled her eyes. "You satyrs. You're all in love with Artemis. Don't you get that she'll never love you back?"

"But she's so...into nature," Grover swooned.

"You're nuts," said Thalia.

"Nuts and berries," Grover said dreamily.