02.4

[act two; chapter four     -     pigeons] 

Andromeda, ever the most amazing friend, sat in on Percy and Annabeth's chariot making trials, as she liked to call them. The two constantly bickered back and forth like siblings, the Dionysus girl trying her best to block them out. Eventually she got tired of listening to them and began to play music on her walkman that she had gotten from Ariadne since she couldn't have a phone of any sort, as she read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, her personal favorite.

It was only when things began to get louder, did she pull her headphones off and put her book down.

"You're treating him like he's this horrible thing," Percy said angrily. "He saved my life."

Annabeth threw down her pencil and stood. "Then maybe you should design a chariot with him."

"Maybe I should."

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

She stormed off and left Andromeda feeling even more confused than before.

She turned towards Percy with a confused expression, the boy having to hide his laugh at the perplexed expression on her face.

"What just happened?"

"She doesn't like Tyson."

"Oh."

"You don't either... do you?"

"I- I'm biased I guess. I mean, Annie is too but that's not my story to tell."

"You've got a story then?"

"Yeah. You know how my mom died when I was four, right?"

He nodded with a hum.

"She was killed by a cyclops."