05.2

[act five; chapter two     -     war council]

After spending several hours flying over the bay, waiting for sight of Percy, Adonis decided to go home. He had a strange feeling that the sea green eyed boy would be just fine, so he went home.

What he didn't expect, however, was for his sister to be sitting on the porch steps of the Big House when he arrived, her eyes bloodshot and her face swollen. He immediately knew something was wrong and joined her inside to speak with Chiron about what had occurred on Cape Cod. He was devastated to know that Beu was gone, but he had been fearing something like that would happen at some point. He didn't tell her about Beckendorf, someone she viewed as an older brother, just that Percy was alive. She seemed relieved by that, but still very much on edge and all too quiet.

When Annabeth got word that her best friend had arrived, she had dropped whatever it was that she was doing, and ran as fast as she could. When the two saw each other again, the blonde had barreled into the redhead with a loud laugh, muttering, "You're invincible. I knew you couldn't be killed."

It was some sort of inside joke that had started between them after the Sea of Monsters, something that Donnie wasn't ever going to try and understand.

They were talking quietly amongst themselves when a camper came running up the steps shouting, "He's back, he's back!"

—🍇—