02.7

[act two; chapter seven     -     confrontations]

Annabeth volunteered to go alone since she had the cap of invisibility, but both Percy and Andromeda convinced her it was far too dangerous. Either they all went together, or nobody went at all.

"Nobody!" Tyson voted. "Please?"

But in the end he came along, nervously chewing on his huge fingernails. They stopped at their cabin long enough to gather all of their stuff. Andromeda figured whatever happened, they would not be staying another night aboard the zombie cruise ship, even if they did have million-dollar bingo. She made sure Mania was secured on her finger with her bracelets on her wrist and her shoelaces were double knotted, because knowing her luck she would trip at the worst time.

They snuck through the corridors, following the ship's YOU ARE HERE signs toward the admiralty suite. Annabeth scouted ahead invisibly. The other three hid whenever someone passed by, but most of the people they saw were just glassy-eyed zombie passengers.

Somewhere along the way, Andromeda let a small wisp of purple flow from her fingers and towards a person who passed, watching the glassy glaze over their eyes disappear and turn back to normal. She smiled a little to herself, happy that she could help someone escape Luke's hold.

As they came up the stairs to deck thirteen, where the admiralty suite was supposed to be, Annabeth hissed, "Hide!" and shoved them into a supply closet, Andromeda not-so-casually, tripping over her own feet.

Her head however, perked up at the sound of voices down the hall.

"You see that Aethiopian drakon in the cargo hold?" one of them said.

The other laughed. "Yeah, it's awesome."

Annabeth was still invisible, but she squeezed Andromeda and Percy's arms. The redhead, for some reason, felt that she had heard one of those voices before.