02.10

[act two; chapter ten     -     ugly green guy named jealousy]

Percy woke up in a rowboat with a makeshift sail stitched of gray uniform fabric. Annabeth sat next to him, tacking into the wind. Just across from him was Andromeda who was leaning against the side of the boat with half-lidded eyes and a long cut across the left side of her forehead and another on the bottom right of her chin; they were swollen and red.

Those would definitely scar.

He tried to sit up and immediately felt woozy.

"Rest," she said. "You're going to need it."

"Tyson...?"

She shook her head. "Percy, I'm really sorry."

Percy couldn't help but look over at Andromeda who was barely sitting up and awake across from him. Her skin was pale and she had dark circles under her eyes, the cuts on her face not helping her appearance in any way. She was dazely leaning against the makeshift boat and every time the boat lurched, she hurriedly grabbed onto Annabeth's arm.

"He may have survived," the blonde said halfheartedly. "I mean, fire can't kill him."

Percy nodded, but he had no reason to feel hopeful. He'd seen that explosion rip through solid iron. If Tyson had been down in the boiler room, there was no way he could've lived.

He'd given his life for them, and all Percy could think about were the times he'd felt embarrassed by him and had denied that the two of them were related.