04.1

[act four; chapter one     -     puppet]

Do you ever get the feeling that you have no control over your life? Like no matter what you do, someone else is pulling the strings, like you're the puppet and they—whoever they are—are the puppeteer.

Well, that's how Andromeda Storm has felt most of her life. Like she's had, realistically, a very small amount of choices in her life that, you know, have a major impact on anything. Because, let's be real, the Fates are some possessive ass old ladies who think it's fun to mess up her life again and again.

But really? Sending a bunch of monsters after her right when she's finally began to live a semi-normal life?

That's just messed up, man.

Andromeda is currently, if you're wondering, running through the streets of New York. Why, you ask? Because she is forcing Annabeth to be a third wheel so that she can watch a movie with Percy.

What a great friend, right?

Did she expect to spend the end of her summer like this? Nope. No, she did not. But has anything ever really gone her way?

Again, no.

"Shit!"

With a wave of her hand, roots from any plant nearby sprouted from the ground, coiling themselves around the legs of the monsters chasing her, bolting them to the ground. The redhead ran as fast as she could, hoping to reach Percy's school without being eaten or something like that.

She and Annabeth had plans to meet him there once he was done with some orientation thing for his new school, but neither of them were holding their breaths.

Finally, the school came into view.

Haphazardly Andromeda runs face first into another person. She catches a whiff of a familiar smell and a blur of curly blonde hair, a squeal leaving her lips as she throws her arms around the neck of Annabeth Chase.