04.6

[act four; chapter six     -     kampê]

Adonis Storm is no fool. He knows it was a stupid descion. He knows that he shouldn't have snuck out that night to help Nico di Angelo because of some dream. Yeah, he knows that already.

He tried...gods, he tried to ignore the dreams and what he knew they meant. They changed every night, but always revolved around the same things.

Nico.

Luke.

String.

Purple.

Kronos.

War.

It was like a never ending cycle, or maybe like a hamster wheel in his brain. It just kept turning and turning and turning till he did something about it.

So he did. He found Nico and together they ventured into the Labyrinth.

It was scary at first, not being able to see the sun or feel the vines right under his fingertips. But, that wasn't really the problem for him. He knew if his sister were to ever come down here it would be for her, but she would never come into the Labyrinth.

Right?

The two had been wandering the depths of the maze for days, hells, maybe even weeks now, they couldn't really know anymore. Donnie had managed to keep his and Nico's minds intact the whole time, stopping them from falling into madness.

But gods, if he wasn't tied. He wasn't quite sure his body had ever ached in the way that it did, if he had ever been so tired before. He could tell Nico was too, by the way his shoulders sagged or how the bags under his eyes only ever increased as the days went on.