05.3

[act five; chapter three     -     messy inspections]

It shouldn't be a surprise really. Andromeda being wide awake at a completely unreasonable time. She found herself waking up covered in sweat after having a dream that keeps coming back and won't go away. She had been standing on a grassy hill watching as the world around her was lit up in flames. She could see it, the people—demigods she thinks—some wearing purple, others wearing orange, running for their lives as they were killed one after another. She could see a ship fall through the sky and two spots flying through the sky, one being pitch black and the other a stormy grey. She woke up just as something sharp was stabbed straight through her gut, feeling the phantom pain as she shot upright in bed.

So she found herself pulling on a pair of joggers, a tight fitted long sleeve shirt, Converse, and her hair in a messy bun with her bronze vine engraved chestplate. She wandered down to the sword arena, rubbing at the burn on her wrist that wouldn't seem to go away.

She ended up spending three hours there, not even noticing any time had passed until Donnie had found her and forced her to eat something.

After breakfast and changing into non-sweaty clothing, she and Percy walked down to inspect the cabins. It was Andromeda's turn for inspection. Percy's morning chore was to sort through reports for Chiron, but since they both hated their jobs, they decided to do them together so it wouldn't be so heinous, and because both of them—completely unaware the other felt the same way—had felt like they hadn't spent some time together in forever.

They started at the Poseidon cabin, which was basically just Percy. He'd made his bunk bed that morning (well, sort of) and straightened the Minotaur horn on the wall, so he gave himself a four out of five.