Hell breaks loose finale: the heavyweights

Titans Tower infirmary

Starfire had just brought in a bloodied and wounded nightwing from the docks, cyborg and bee were just now back from the hospital, and none of them were sure about what to do next.

Star-"maybe we could set up a the meeting"

Cy-" i dunno star, I've seen what raven has done to the Corletto family and it ain't pretty"

Bee-" yeah she seems to have embraced the demon within her fully"

Star-" ...but... can we really blame them..?"

Starfire added the last bit looking down in almost embarrassment, she would never approve of what their former teammates were doing, but after what had happened to them, not just the death of crystal, but their entire life, she wasn't sure she could really blame them.
Nightwing reached out with a bandaged arm and held her hand as tightly as he could

Night-" it's not about blaming them star, we can understand why they are doing this, but we must not condone it! Much less approve of it"

Star-"yeah... I know love"

Bee-"hey star, don't worry okay, we'll get through this, we'll sort this out"

Cy-" and in order to help them, we must first catch them. Now, considering what robin and myself and bee have witnessed, it stands to reason that now both changeling and raven, stray far out of our current capabilities"

Night-"that's right unfortunately, I did my very best on the beast, it took my hits like they were nothing."

Bee-"and if the massacre of a crime scene we've witnessed is of any indication, raven is even more powerful"

Star-" yeah friend raven always was quite the warrior"

Starfire spoke with admiration and pride in her friend's abilities, no matter how grim the situation got, she couldn't help but glee over how strong her friends had all become.

Bee-"so basically they can kick all our asses?"

"Almost."

The door to the infirmary swishes open as enters the dark knight himself, Batman.

Cy-"booyah!!! That's why I called the chivalry"

Cyborg exclaimed hugging bee and lifting her up, Starfire smiled and patted nightwing's shoulder, the former boy wonder sat up, although painfully, to better meet the look of the caped crusader.

Night-"look uh... it was my mistake, I went for the legs when i should have gone for the head, it won't happen again i swear, I can take it."

Bat-"trust me, you in fact cannot. I-"

Before batman could continue nightwing was full on his feet, or almost, as he was held up by Starfire

Night-" this is my team. These are my friends! You don't just walk in and make everything better! I MADE THIS MESS! I FIX IT!"

He yelled at batman... he yelled. At batman.

Everyone in the room got quiet and scared, before batman walked closer to nightwing, Starfire almost assumed a defensive position, fearing that the dark knight would hit her lover.

Bat-"but you can't."

He spoke coldly.

Bat-"you can't catch them and you for sure can't defeat them. This is your mess, own it. Have the responsibility to admit that you can't make everything right on your own."

Batman didn't yell, he didn't scream, he just spoke, and still, nightwing fell back on the bed seated, looking down in shame.

Bat-"and neither can i."