Together

RAVEN POV

He looked up at me, his eyes full of regret

Chan-"hi Rae..."

"Gar... I've been wondering this for a while now... what exactly is a mate?"

Passion-"Rae what are you doing?!?! We already know"

'Yes but I wanna make sure that it's the same in the animal kingdom as it is in the demons one'

Gar looked down at his feet and sighed heavily

Chan-"a mate... is the perfect match... your true love, an animal finds a mate only once in his life, when it does it's called imprinting, and I think I imprinted on you..."

Tears started streaming down his cheeks and he grabbed his stomach in pain

Chan-"but don't worry.... I know you could never feel the same way.... it's nothing really... just...."

"Me too"

He looked up at me with a surprise and hopeful look

Chan-"what?"

"Demons mate too, the only difference is that the mate of a demon must have... certain qualities.... and you Gar... you fit all of them"

He smiled the biggest smile of his life

"You are my mate"

He lunged forward me and wrapped me into a hug, I of course hugged back, feeling relieved that finally, I could show emotions, finally, I could be happy, finally, I could be loved.

Changeling backed away from the hug a bit, so that he could stare deep into my eyes

Chan-"I love you"

"I-I love you too"

He leaned in, and so did I, he brushed my nose with his and connected our foreheads

Chan-"forever"

"Forever"

Then... our lips met, it was like fireworks went off all inside my body, my spine shivered as I melted into the kiss.

At first it was a soft peck, then gradually, we would press more onto each other's mouths, I couldn't help but to sneak my arms into his green forest like hairs, and he grabbed my waist pulling me closer, our bodies touching and perfectly locking together, his tongue started licking my lower lip, as for asking for permission, I allowed access, and our tongues wrestled for dominance, he pressed me against the wall of the hallway, I moaned into the kiss and he let out a low growl of pleasure.

I have no idea for how long we've been kissing but I couldn't care less, we separated, both of us breathing heavily, Gar still had a smile on his face

Chan-"I almost can't believe it"

He reached out with his hand and stroke my hairs before cupping my cheek, I snuggled deeper into his gloved hand, feeling the warmth of the skin beneath it

"Mm... believe what?"

Chan-"that you're with me"

I smiled and pecked his lips

"Come now, the others are gonna think I sent you to another dimension or something"

He chuckled a bit then let go of my hand and followed me to the common room.

When we got there we were surprised to find it empty, Gar went to the table where there was a note.

Chan-"it says here that Cy has gone to jump city prison because they have some news about Adonis's jailbreak, and star accompanied nightwing to the hospital for some bandages"