Chapter 9 preliminaries and prep

Its been a day and I spent most of our rest time up on the roof. I got a good view of what was happening inside. I also made sure I had my eyes on a certain chakra signature. One that wasnt supposed to be here at all *cough cough Orochimaru cough cough*. I had him in my sensor range for a good portion of the day, then in the afternoon he left. Since the tower is in the center of the forest, I would like to think my rang could reach just barely the whole forest of death. I told the jounin and they said they can handle it. 

So I beleived them and trusted that they did handle the situation. Sasuke's curse mark has me worried and Naruto is oblivious. Sensei said that he would seal the curse mark later on. Now its the end of the final day, and we all were herded into this big room with the hokage in it. He explained a lot about what this test is for.

Not only is it a test of strength for any ninja wanting to become a chunin, its a display to other villages the uprising generations power in the friendliest way we can muster. Then he announced we were doing preliminaries right this minute. 

"What!?"

"Theres no way!"

"Thats so unfair."

"How crule, we made it this far already!" 

lots and lots of protests from all kinds of genin. I stayed quiet and so did sasuke. Naruto however decided he should join in on the protests. I did think its unfair, but then again life is unfair as it is. All you can do is accept that it is, and push any way you can to make things as fair as possible. 

He then got the procter to list out the people going against each other. Out of all the people I knew, I was the very first one to get chosen. There were two matches before me, but I didnt know them. But now, it was my turn against Ino. This should be fairly easy. I can get her with my taijutsu and then some ninjutsu. In physical streangth I have her beat, not only that but my ninjutsu is considerably stronger than before. I dont know what kind of trainging shes been under though. So I wont take this lightly. 

The first and worst mistake any ninja can make, is underestimating your opponent. So I did just as I said I would, I assessed her and knocked her out cold. I made it a swift and easy process. I used the walls as springboards just as I did the trees. I made some wooden poles as well. Then using that I jumped around for a bit and dissoriented her. Then I hit a pressure point, and bam shes out like a light. 

"Yea Katsumi chan! You wiped the floor with her!" Naruto yelled. 

"Thanks Naruto but she was pretty good too!" I yell from below. I walk up the stairs and I get a hug from Hinata.

"Hinata! Hi! Thank you, how have you been? I havent seen you for a while!" I say hugging her back. Out of every girl I have ever met, shes my closest friend thats actually female. Dont get me wrong I love Naruto, shika, choji and shino... But they are guys and they can be absolutely disgusting sometimes. So whenever I need someone Hinata is the first person I go to. Shes by far my best friend and I appreciate her more than anything. 

"Hey Hinata after this is over want to hang out a bit? I can bring naruto aloooong. Eh eh?" I say teasing her a bit. She turns bright red and I giggle. She has a huge crush on him and I think its absolutely amazing. 

"Ka-katsumi chan! N-naruto has o-other things t-to d-do." She says with her signature stutter. 

"Aww Hinata its alright! Later we can all go out somewhere, all the rookie teams! What do you say?" I ask her.

"S-sure, that s-sounds like fun." She replies. 

"Oh Oh! Then after we can have a sleepover with just the three girls! I dont know Ino that well, but she seems nice... I think" I say thinking to myself.