Chapter 25 a new rank + goodbyes of the past

We end up taking the girl who I now know as Karin, back to the village. She gets put into a holding cell until interrogation. We might be able to gather more in-tell on what Sasuke has been doing. As soon as I get back, Shizune grabs me and drags me to where Tsunade is in her coma. 

"Tsunade sama! Katsumi san is back!" Shizune says with a smile. It takes me only a moment to realize she is awake again. We walk in to see her stuffing her face. Trying to restore her chakra reserves. 

"Aunt Tsunade!" I yell and run over to her and she glomps me in a short hug. That is before she immediately returns to eating. I sweatdrop at her. 

"Sorry Katsumi...*eating noises* I need to restore my chakra...*more eating noises*...I need to stay young!" She exclaims and yet again stuffs her face. 

"Alright, im going to go help out around the village. Im glad to see your better Aunt Tsunade!" I say and exit the room to start building houses with Yamato sensei. "Yamato sensei! You going to build up houses too?" I ask him now walking besides him. 

"Yes I am, are you going to join me?" He asks continuing to where the future houses will be. 

"Yep, the 5 Kage summit was so strange. Sasuke showed up, that Karin girl was captured, shinobi alliance." I say recollection the past memories of the meeting I had with the others. I then lean in to whisper "The akatsuki declared war on all shinobi too" I whispered. He had a shocked expression. All I could do was nod my head. 

"Your serious? All that in one meeting. "He said astonished. 

"Yea, you cant tell a single soul that I told you. Tsunade knows, and shes deciding on what to do right now. I honestly have no idea whats going to go down" I say to him with a shrug. 

We start walking for a while, periodically making houses for anyone we see in need of one. Then we end up at the middle of the village. Its completely barren and nothing is there. Its hard to look at it and know I was once running through these streets without a care in the world. Well I guess thats the same for anyone thats now a konoha shinobi. 

Thats besides the point, we get to work and line the old streets with empty houses. Houses that are waiting to become a home. Speaking of home, I am looking after some really cool kids. Kaito has taken on the role as caretaker while I am out on missions. Although its mostly my friends and Tsunade taking care of them while im gone. He likes to think he is taking care of them all by himself. 

I see a hawk overhead and make my way to Tsunade's office. "You wanted to see me?" I say looking around to see some of the village elders. 

"Yes, Katsumi, we have discussed this thoroughly, and we would like to promote you to the ANBU black ops." She says with a proud smirk. I widen my eyes in shock. 

"Really!? Oh! I apologies for the outburst. I would love to be in the ANBU black ops" I say smiling widely. 

"Great, follow Fox to where you will be enducted to the ANBU black ops. Welcome aboard" She says with a now smile. I follow the masked ANBU to a secret room, I never knew it was here. 

"This is where you will be getting your ANBU tattoo. You will be assigned to a group of other ANBU with a squad leader. You will be training every day and have many dangerous missions. The lockers are over there and your new squad leader will wait for you once you get your tattoo." He says. I thank him and he leave the room. 

The tattoo man gives me the ANBU mark. It feels like a cold pain, not too bad, but I wouldn't do it again on purpose. I walk out to find myself in a room with many masks.