Chapter 29 on the water

~~~~~Quick Authors note!!~~~~~

Hey yall! I really don think that I should write the whole sailing arc, maybe 1 or two. I guess its up to you anyways. Let me know if I should complete the filler arcs or not! I will add my own sort of "filler" Chapters. Mostly they will be like previous ones. There to add death into Katsumi and other characters. Anyways, this is one of my own fillers, I hope you like it! Let me know if I should write more of my own or the cannon fillers! Or a little bit of both, im not completely sure. Thanks for reading!!

~~~~~~Now onto your semi-regularly scheduled Naruto fanfic~~~~~

"Yo, Naruto! Get over here! You have to come see this!" I yell up to the top deck. I am currently leaning over the railing watching dolphins jump out of the water! They look so free and happy, just absolutely loving life.

"Wow!! So cool! Dolphins!!" Naruto yells back. Dolphins are really cool to me. They remind me of birds the way they almost fly. 

"Hey Naruto, did Tsunade tell you what your mission was?" I ask him, not really knowing what the excuse for him to leave was. 

"Oh, im supposed to help these animals on this secret island. Then this octopus is supposed to train me! Tsunade didnt tell you your own mission?" He asks. 

"Oh yea, I have a different mission. All she told me was to help you with whatever you needed. Im here to help you with your training apparently. She sent me with you in hopes of me providing some help in your first big mission! I would like to think im your moral support." I say thinking to myself. 

"Sounds cool! You have to help me make some cool new jutsu then!" Naruto says already getting hyped up. I sweat drop at his hyper activeness. Every time I mention training he gets supper excited to learn something. Its almost like clockwork at this point. 

"Naruto slow down there. We can spar once we get there ok?" I say to him.

"Yata! Lets do it!" Naruto says and then he runs off to who knows where. I decide against chasing him this time. I walk my way over to where Yamato sensei is. 

"Yamato sensei,  You have any updates on whats going on back home?" I ask them sitting down across from the two. Yamato nods his head and he has a solem face. 

"From what I have heard, they are starting war preperations. Everyone is in the hidden cloud and saying goodbye to loved ones. The genin right now are the only ones back in the village. I heard that a team was sent out not too long ago to collect medicinal herbs. We are supposed to redezvous with the group to help them. You have been tasked to lead them while we are stationed there." Yamato says with a serious face. 

"Alright, what will Naruto do while we help them?" I ask thinking about what he could do. "He could come with me, and we can say we just got sent on a run for herbs? No wait, that wouldn't work. He may be stupid but hes not a moron...." I sit there contemplating on how we could hide this. Konoha has many medicinal herbs in our arsonal. Its also unlikely we would need any special herbs on any regular day. 

"Leave to excuse making to us Katsumi. Your job is to stay with Naruto. We have more news for you as well." Yamato says, this time he seems more up beat. Must be good news. "I was told from Tsunade that Kaito just graduated from the academy. She sent this letter from him to you. It was on one of our official mesanger birds Katsumi." Yamato says. He then hands me the note from Kaito. 

"Really! He already graduated! Oh im so proud of him!" I yell snatching the letter from his hands. "Thanks a lot Yamato sensei! Ill be back in a bit!" I exclaim running to a nice high spot to read the letter. I sit down and open the letter, its small, but I can tell its his handwriting. 

Dear Katsumi-nee san,

          Katsumi! I just graduated from the academy today! Tsunade sama said I could write you a letter and send it to you. So that's what this is. I know your on an important mission, but I miss seeing you all the time. I am going to be getting my new team tomorrow! I hope we will all get along like your team. When you talk about them, I can tell you guys are really close! My sensei is supposed to be super powerful, just like you are. 

Even though you are far, I can tell your ok! Come home safe, and then I will tell you all about my genin squad! Bye Katsumi-nee san!

            -Kaito

                    AKA your favorite little brother

~~~~~End of letter~~~~~

I set the letter down and take a deep breath. That kid sure knows how to touch my heart. I miss those kids to death, I know I did the right thing though. Especially with the war coming up, I have no idea how I would take care of them and fight in war. Now all I have to do is make it home in one piece. Then I can hear all about Kaito's new genin squad. 

I was supposed to be there for his graduation. I have missed a lot of his life. To think how on a mission to Orochimaru's base, i'd find 7 kids that I would end up taking care of. Then later giving them to good family's. 

I sit there reading the letter over again, that is until I hear a yell. "Katsumi! Get over here!" From the distance. I look up to see Naruto frantically waving at me. 

I jump down and walk over to where he is rummaging through his pouch on the ground. "Why in the world are you throwing all your stuff on the floor?" I ask squatting next to him. 

"I cant find my ramen coupon!" He yells, looking very distressed. I face palm at him. 

"Naruto... We are at sea... there is no ramen here." I say with a sigh. "Get up, we have food down below deck. You can be a headache sometimes you know that?" I say to him. 

He gives me a nervous laughter. "I just like ramen Katusmi chan" He responds like I didnt already know about this. 

"Okok, lets get going, I could hear your stomache grumbling from a mile away" I respond heading to the stairs. He catches up and we go eat our food. Its calm, but its a kind of calm I dont get to enjoy very often. I almost wish I would feel this at ease all the time. 

I cant let my guard down though, I can tell something is amiss. I just have to lie down and wait. Then, as soon as I see the opening, thats when ill pounce. 

~~~~~~Authors note~~~~~~~ 

Hi there! Hope you guys are doing well. Sorry again for the really slow updates :) I am doing my best over here hehe. But I hope you enjoy this chapter. I enjoyed writing it! Have a good day or night my lovelies!