Chapter 28 setting sail

I woke up the next day to Naruto's foot on my face. "EW NARUTO!? What reason is there for your foot to be on my face!?" I whisper yell at him. I try to be quiet since its not even sunrise yet. He is a heavy sleeper so he stays asleep. I get up and take a quick shower. Then I go to the kitchen to make some breakfast. 

I decide against ramen, since it can be very unhealthy to have that heavy of a meal in the mornings. I then get myself situated and read my book. I sit there for a while and watch the sun rise. Then I get my journal out and write all that I have done in there. I get out a new booklet, its completely blank and its quite small. 

My plan is for while on this trip, I want to create my own jutsu. It will take a while, but I can use this mission as a huge training montage. I take it and put it in a scroll as well as some other essentials. After a while, Naruto wakes up and starts grumbling. 

"Ne Naruto, I made you breakfast already. Its on the table if you want it. Mission day is today so make sure you eat up." I say to him. He nods groggily and gets up. He makes his way to the kitchen to find the food I made him earlier. After everything that has been happening, my journal entry becomes increasingly long. I dont update my journal all the time. So when I do, I tend to write and continue to write until I run out of things to write. Leaving me with a few full pages of writing. 

Naruto walks back in the room with a cup of fresh ramen. I sweatdrop at his predictable breakfast. "Katsumi-chan when did you wake up?" Naruto asks me. Only now noticing me being fully prepared to do ninja work. 

"I woke up right before sunrise. I wanted to get some stuff done before we left" I say standing up. "Yosh, you have everything ready for the mission right? We are going to be at sea for a while." I say to him. He nods in response. We end up getting all our things ready for our newest mission. 

~~~Time skip~~~

"Ah! the youthful snowflake and the young uzumaki!" Gai yells. Then he jumps up and gives the both of us a toothy grin and a large thumbs up. "We shall embark on a wonderful journey of my youthful rivals students!" He exclaims. Making me sweat drop. Its way to early for this, what a drag. 

We end up waiting for Yamato and a few others to meet us at the gates. As soon as we get there, we make our way through the trees. Since this mission is in need of my sensory skills, I put more focus into the surrounding areas. 

I sense some enemy ninja steering a little too close to home, I secretly signal to Yamato to make a turn. We need to avoid confrontation if we can. My instructions were to stick with Naruto no matter what, and I intend to do just that. I need to make like water and flow around his movements, then I take the momentum of his decisions to guide him across the river. 

That is my mission, I just wish Naruto and I could go onto the field and kick ass. Oh well, lets just see where this goes for now. Knowing Naruto and his impulses, as soon as he figures out there is a war, we are going to run straight towards it. 

Yamato directs us away from whatever enemy ninja that was ahead of us. "Ne ne Katsumi-chan, you excited for the new mission?" Naruto asks me looking over. 

"HM? Oh ya! I havent been on a difficult mission like this one in a while. This will be your first A rank mission yea?" I ask trying to get him fully invested in the mission. 

"Oh yea! I am pumped! We are going to be legends Katsumi! Beleive it!" Naruto exclaims. 

"Of course I beleive it Naruto! Your going to be hokage and when we get Sasuke back, we are going to be your right and left hands" I say to him with a smile. I means every word too. From the begining when we all were put on team 7, I sort of felt like it would be a strong bond.