Chapter 18 Sassori, the Red Sand

After running for a while we finally find the Akatsuki hideout. Guy's team is shortly behind us, I can sense their chakras. "Heads up, team Guy is in pursuit of us" I say as we are standing infront of a giant boulder. 

"Alright, thanks Katsumi. Now how do we open this. We know their hideout is somewhere in here" Kakashi says looking over at the boulder. As we brainstorm ideas, me trying to break it, and Naruto trying as well. We have no luck. The wind is picking up, and its a cold wind. We are running out of time here and we need to think fast. 

"Guy sensei, can you try to break this rock?" I say turning around to where they were now standing. 

"Hahaha! Of course young Katsumi! I will break this with the power of youth!" Guy says. 

"Be ware you might not fully break it, its infused with chakra" I say to them. At this Kakashi sensei and Naruto deadpan. 

"Why didnt you tell us that beforehand Katsumi chan" Naruto asks. 

"Oh sorry, im not really used to working in groups yet" I say sheepishly. Anyways, we find out you cant open the door without knowing how for specifically this door. Its a boulder infused with chakra in a way that you can infuse your own as almost a key. 

Example, maybe a door needs to be infused with chakra really quickly for a few seconds then slow for a few seconds then fast. That would be the only way to open the door. After further inspection, we cant figure out how to open it. Slowly, the boulder starts to slide open. A fish man and an old hunchback walk out. 

"Kisame, take care of those, I will take care of these three idiots. I will take deidara with me." The hunchback says.

"If you say so" The fish replies. Him and Guy's team go away to fight. (Ik this is different from the original story but you will see) 

"Where is Gaara!" Naruto shouts ready to fight at a moments notice. You can see the anger and worry in his eyes. He is probably swirling with a mix of emotions right now. However, I am more focused on getting one of my closest friends back home. Soon enough, a blonde we know is named deidara flys out on a bird. I see a flash of red in his mouth. 

"Naruto! He has Gaara! Id recognize that red hair anywhere!" I yell pointing to the now big flying white bird. 

The hunchback is on top of the bird now, and the two are looking down at us. I feel very degraded right now. Looking up at the enemy, while they hold something so important to not only me, but a whole village. 

"We peruse the target, stay in formation you two" Kakashi sensei says. Granny Chio is speechless at the display above us. We start chasing them to a small ravine. The hunchback jumps down. 

"Deidara, go ahead. Ill kill these rats" The hunchback growls out. 

"Hn! Alright, now dont go dying on me!" Deidara says. 

"NARUTO! FOLLOW HIM! Ill stay behind! Be safe!" I yell out to not only Naruto but also to my sensei. 

"Yosh! I will Katsumi-chan!" Naruto says running off and pursuing the giant bird. Kakashi follows right on his tail.

Granny Chio is next to me, ready to fight. "Sassori...What have you become." She says with a small scowl. 

"Well Grandma, I became something magnificent. Something that will live forever!" Sasori exclaims with a sickening smile. With that I get ready to take action. But before I do I hand Granny Chio something. 

"Granny Chio, thats a spare antidote. If he gets you, use that and do not hesitate alright? You will be coming back alive alright?" I say to her almost as if reassuring myself.