Note from an old friend

Its been a while since I looked through my old journals. So, after training with Naruto and Yamato sensei, I got home. I sit down and pull out all my past journals. Which might I add I have a lot. 

I start from the beginning, and I catch myself giggling at my past self. My younger self took what I had for granted, and lived wishing for a better future. The crazy things Team 7 did together. Its kind of amusing looking back. 

As I start to get to the more recent books, I see how much of my spark I really lost. Being young and naive was a blessing and a curse. It was something I wished would go away, but now I almost wish for it to come back. 

Finally, I get to one of my most recent journals. It is from around the time when uncle Jiraya died. I can tell when I realize hes dead, and it hurts to see how much I broke. I turn the last page and two pieces of paper falls out. It has a familiar handwriting on it. One reads "to Katsumi" The other says "To Naruto" I unfold the messy paper with my name on it. 

"Dear Katsumi,

If you're reading this, I am most likely dead. While Naruto may be one of my prized pupils, you are still my niece. I know you're going to grow up, and I know you might miss me. However, my time to pass on is here. You and Naruto are the next generation, take up my pen and write the next chapter. I am sure you will grow up into a fine shinobi. Hell, maybe one of the best shinobi.

Your father and mother were good friends of mine. I know that they would be so proud to see how far you have grown. Stay strong snowflake, you're a strong young woman. I'll be watching over you.

P.S. If you ever write a book, come by my grave! (if I get one) Read it to me and i'll be sure to listen.

P.S.S take care of Naruto, he's a strong one. I can tell you two will grow up to be very strong.

           With all the love in the world,

                     Jiraiya your favorite uncle"

As I finish the note, there are fresh tear stains on the paper. That idiot knew he would die on that mission. He knew, and he still went. It may be selfish of me, but I WISH he stayed. Even if the rest of the village burned. I just need my family with me. Naruto, Sasuke, Sai, Yamato sensei, Kakashi sensei, aunt Tsunade, Kaito, all the kids I took care of, and uncle Jiraya. Thats all I need in my life. All I need to be happy. 

After a moment of grieving for my beloved uncle, I find the streangth to get up. I get up and I jump on the roofs to Naruto's house. I jump in through his open window. 

"Naruto? You in here?" I say keeping my voice from breaking. 

"Yea whats up Katsum-" He cuts himself off when he sees the tears streaming down my face. I hold up the letter to him. 

"Jiraya left us letters" I say with a tear ridden smile. I hand him his and hold up mine. 

~~~~~Naruto POV~~~~

I hear Katsumi call out from my livingroom. I either forgot to lock my door, or she came in through the window. 

"Yea, whats up Katsum-" I stop talking when I see tears falling from her face. I have never seen her cry in my life. For some reason I just thought she didnt. 

"Jiraya left us letters" She finally says. She holds out a letter and hands it to me. It says "To Naruto" on the front of the folded paper. She holds up another one with her own name on it. 

"Katsumi..." I say stunned she found this. I dont think and I can tell shes sad. If I was the one who found this, I would be the same as her. I pull her in to a hug and she is shaking a bit. 

"He left us letters *sniff* and I-.. I didnt even find them until now. Im so sorry" She says. 

"Katsumi! Nono! You dont have to be sorry! Im so thankful you got this to me! Sit down, I have ramen and we can read the letters." I say to her concerned. She nods and sits on the couch just staring at the letters. I make some ramen for the both of us and sit down next to her. 

"I already read mine, you should read yours" She says to me. She looks to have calmed down. 

I unfold the paper slowly. I recognize this writing. Its the same messy chicken scratch pervy sage used. It really is a letter from him. 

"Dear Naruto, 

If your reading this, I am most likely dead. It also means that Katsumi found the letters herself. You are my prized pupil. I have trained many shinobi, including the fourth hokage! But you, I know you are destined for greatness. Far beyond what I may think is possible. You are lucky to have a friend like Katsumi around. You carry the next generation within you. That is the most precious thing you can hold. Take my pen, maybe write a book! I am sure you will grow into the finest shinobi we will ever see. You will be the man everyone is looking up to. 

Your mother and father are watching you. Just as I am watching you now! Everything you have worked hard for will soon come to realization. Keep working hard, and never loose sight of what is right in front of you. 

P.S. If you make some cool new jutsu, come visit the grave I may or may not get! I would love to see it. Maybe we could have a chat. Talk about whats been happening now that I am dead. 

P.S.S Katsumi is a reserved girl. She doesnt like to talk about her feelings. Make sure shes ok. Take care of each other. I know you two will do amazing things.

               The strongest ninja,

                          Jiraya! (pervy sage)"

After I finish the letter there are fresh tear marks on my paper. I see katsumi's letter has the same. I guess the both of us needed this more than we thought. I look to the side of me. Katusmi fell asleep on my couch. Sleepover, just like good times. 

I grab 2 blankets and pillows. I lay one on her and myself. "Goodnight Katsumi." I say. Sje grumbles and throws a pillow at my face. "Ow!" I yell. 

"Goodnight ya doofus" She replies and grabs her pillow from my face on the floor. I deadpan, shes hogging the couch. 

"Yaya your the doofus" I grumble. 

"I heard that" She replies. 

"Sorry" I say back. Then we both fall asleep. 

~~~~~~~~Authors note!~~~~~~~~

I apologies for the hiatus! I will very slowly update, (which may not be for weeks or a month of two. So pretty much a hiatus. I hope you enjoyed this short little tid bit. :) have a good day/night/time zone your in!

-your fav author