♛ 4

"Really!? You're like thirty minutes late," Gloria yelled as she swung the door of her apartment open. I put Ivo down on the floor and Gloria ran up to give him a tight hug. "Are you okay, honey," she asked him as she bent down so she was his size. I groaned at how overprotective she was being. She knew that I would defend Ivo with my life. I would die for that kid. There was really no need to be worried if I was thirty minutes late giving him back. I looked over towards the living room where the television was playing loudly. Ivo's dad was sitting on the couch watching ESPN. I couldn't believe that he had the nerve to come back in Gloria's life, the very day after we ended things. It was either a coincidence or Gloria asked him to come back. Either way, I didn't like him. He has never been in Ivo's life. Literally never. He met Ivo for the first time just a few weeks ago when Gloria and I broke up. Nash acted as if he was fresh, brand new and wanted to be in Ivo's life, but all he wanted was to live off the money I was giving Gloria to support her and Ivo. I knew it. I could see it in his beady fucking eyes.

"I had to stop and get him some food. He was hungry," I replied honestly. "Glo, you know I wouldn't hurt him. Why are you freaking out?" She stood up normally and put her hands on her hips. Suddenly, Nash got up from the couch and walked over to us. I wanted to punch him in the fucking face when he ruffled Ivo's hair. He had no right to touch my kid even though he was his biological father.

"Maybe she's freaking out because she asked you to have our son home by a certain time but you didn't."

"Our son!?"

"He's certainly not yours."

I laughed out loud at just how stupid he sounded. "You have never been there for him. You're just now coming in his life. Gloria spent two years struggling as a single mother until I came along, and even when I came along I was dead broke. But now, I can provide for the both of them and I think it's pretty fucking crazy how you show up out of nowhere and want to be a dad! Ivo will be mine more than he'll ever be yours because I stepped up and took care of him when you weren't there! I'm the one who taught him how to write and spell his fucking name! I'm the one who took time out of my training schedule just to take him to play dates. I cleaned his bed sheets when he peed them after nightmares and I was the one to calm him down. What the fuck have you done for him other than be a deadbeat father!? I'm not even a fucking man, and I'm a better father than you!" I was boiling and I didn't know how long I could contain my anger. It was taking everything within me not to knock him out cold.

Suddenly, Ivo began whimpering and I looked down at him. "What's wrong, buddy," I asked as I knelt down before him. Tears was in his eyes and I wiped them away. "You don't like it when momma gets angry, do you?" He shook his head and I nodded. "I'm sorry, baby boy. Why don't you go in your room? I'll give you a bath and read you a bedtime story before I leave, okay?" I kissed his forehead, and patted his bum lightly. "Now, go, now." He obeyed me and walked towards his room and I stood back up to face Gloria and Nash. "Like I was saying, you haven't done shit for him and I doubt you ever will, but hurt him."

"I can be a better father figure to him. What the fuck are you going to do other than teach him to be fucking gay? I don't want my son to become a faggot. You can't give him the proper knowledge that I can." I looked over to Gloria to see if she was going to keep Nash in check, but she didn't.

"You're so fucking stupid and ignorant. I've shown Ivo an amazing job on how to treat someone he's in love with by the way that I treated Gloria. It doesn't matter if he's gay or straight, or what the fuck ever. It doesn't matter. He'll still be my son, but if he does come out gay, I'm sure you'll leave him again. Wait, you'll be gone before he even comes to terms with his sexuality. Hell, you'll be gone a fucking month from now! You're nothing but a sick, useless punk!"