♛ 24

Maxim had definitely spotted me out in the crowd and she stared at me for the longest time. Her mouth was slightly open as if she was surprised to see me there. I hoped she didn't think that I came here willingly to see her. Olive had forced me to come so that was the only reason that I was present. Whether Maxim won or lost, it wouldn't affect my emotions in any way. "Look! She's looking at me," Olive said as she stared straight at Maxim. I avoided all eye contact with the fighter. Little did Olive know was that Maxim was actually staring at me and not her.

"There on the big screen, you can see many famous celebrities in the crowd. There you have the beautiful actress Olive Pendleton and beside her is Maxim's ex-girlfriend, Lavender Forrester."

I looked at the screen just to see me looking pissed off as Olive smiled and waved enthusiastically. She sure could put up an act. All of America thought she was a sweetheart, but in reality she was a stupid, lazy bitch. If she wasn't paying me a fortune just to pick up her coffee, and to do other minor things then I wouldn't even be working with her. She better be glad that I needed the money and that my pride was long gone. Instead of waving at the screen or giving it an overly fake smile like Olive, I looked forward. That's when I saw Ivo looking back at me and an actual smile formed on my face. I hadn't seen the kid in a while and I admit that I missed him. He gave me a shy wave and I waved at him back. I hope he didn't think that I hated him because I wasn't around anymore. Gloria instructed him to sit forward since the fight was about to start and I looked towards the ring.

Maxim and the fighter, Heather Yale were in each other's faces. Both trying to intimidate the other. The referee stepped in between them and pushed them apart. They both went to their respected corners and then the fight began. Instantly, Heather went straight for a kick to Maxim's face and the fighter stumbled back. I cringed at all of the power that was behind the kick and people in the crowd began standing on their feet.

"Already, Heather Yale has hit Maxim Nightingale with a tremendous kick to the face, Dale. Something is telling me that this fight won't last long. Maxim seems to be in her own world."

"But do you see how Heather Yale backed away as soon as she kicked her? I don't think this fight will be short if it's up to her. She could've easily taken advantage and knocked Maxim out in the first few seconds, Jeff. Either way, Maxim does seem to be lost out there tonight. She hasn't even thrown any successful kicks or punches in the past minute. If she doesn't win this then she has to start all the way from the beginning to get a chance at Ronda Russ's belt."

What the hell was wrong with Maxim? I knew she wanted that title more than anything. She wanted to get the belt not only for herself, but to show honor to her deceased brother, but she was fighting as if she didn't train at all. Heather Yale kept hitting her and every so often Maxim may have dodged an attack. As both of the sports announcers stated, she was out of it. It was like she was a zombie that was thrown in the ring unwillingly. "What the hell is she doing in there," Olive said in disappointment once Maxim took yet another kick to the face. This time she fell down to the canvas and Heather jumped on top of her. Lucky for Maxim, the bell rang before Heather could get a punch in.

"Well, I-I just don't know what to say. That was a disappointing round on Maxim's part. You can see her team just yelling at her and asking her what's wrong. There's something up with Maxim Nightingale. She's not as aggressive as she should be and Heather Yale is using that to her advantage, Dale."

"Jeff, I've seen fighters step in that Octagon and have bad nights, but none like this. It's like she doesn't even want to fight. I agree with you for once. She's being a huge disappointment to her fans who thrive on seeing her knock out her opponents. I don't think we're getting a knockout from Maxim Nightingale tonight, folks."