♛ 20

Maxim sped down the highway to get to Gloria's place. She was excited about what Gloria was cooking. Supposedly, Maxim wasn't the only one who could lay things down in the kitchen. According to Maxim, Gloria was just as good of a cook as her mother. She didn't cook often so Maxim was jumping off the wall with excitement to taste whatever she was going to prepare. From being so busy with training and doing a few interviews the past couple of days, she hadn't got the chance to see Ivo either, so she was excited about that as well. Anything that had to do with delicious food made me excited, so getting to Gloria's place was a priority. A top one.

When we got there, Maxim unlocked the door with her given key and strolled right in. Gloria was rushing around the kitchen putting food on plates. She seemed antsy as if she was in a rush or upset about something. Ivo was standing right in front of the television, but once he heard the door open, he ran right towards the door. He hugged Maxim's legs and she picked him up high above her head before throwing him over her shoulder. "If it isn't my favorite little man in the world," she said as she spun Ivo around in circles. Ivo giggled as he became dizzy and Maxim stopped spinning him. She finally put him down and I ruffled his precious fresh haircut.

He smiled at me before giving me a hug as well. "I saw you two on TV," he exclaimed zealously.

"Did we look good," Maxim asked as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "Who looked better? Me or Lavender? You don't have to lie. I know it was me, right?"

"No, you looked ugly, momma. Lavender looked," Ivo thought for a second and he finally spat out a word, "fabulous."

"Fabulous!? How did she look fabulous and I didn't?!" Maxim seemed seriously offended by her child and I laughed at her. "She's not even gay! I'm gay! All gays are fabulous! Lavender is bisexual so she's not even cool. She's some indecisive butthole." The fighter crossed her arms and stomped away from us to the kitchen.

I laughed as I bent down to look at Ivo in the eyes. "Your momma is a bit loca, isn't she?" He smiled and nodded before taking my hand. Ivo led me over to the dining table where Gloria was setting everything up. Maxim was talking to her but she was ignoring her. I could see the annoyance on Maxim's face but Gloria didn't seem to mind. I wonder what was going on.

"Do you need help getting things set up," I asked Gloria.

She gave me a simple smile before shaking her head. "No, please, have a seat. I'm just about to put the food on the table." Well, she was talking to me. At least I knew I wasn't the root of whatever was going on between her and Maxim. I sat down and Ivo sat beside me, which led for Gloria and Maxim to have to sit across from us. Talk about awkward. Gloria put the food in front of us, and we all began eating in silence. "This is delicious," I said to start a conversation and also to compliment Gloria on her cooking skills. "What exactly is this?"

Gloria gave me a look as if I was a dumbass. "Tacos."

"Yummy tacos," Ivo exclaimed which lightened the mood. Gloria smiled at her son as she watched him eat as Maxim stared at Gloria with confusion. I minded my business and ate. What those two had going on wasn't my business, especially if it was something bad. If Gloria wanted to mess up her relationship with Maxim then that was great. It'd guarantee that the two wouldn't get back together, and I wouldn't have to worry about Maxim leaving me.

"What's wrong, Gloria," Maxim whispered unsuccessfully across the table. I tried to close my ears, but I eavesdropped naturally.

"You're a f-cking asshole. That's what's wrong," Gloria had whispered back to her ex. "What you said in that interview was uncalled for. You told everyone that I broke your heart. I'm going to be the most hated woman in f-cking America."