♛ 14

I dropped Lavender off at her place to get ready for the night, and then drove Ivo back home. By the time, I pulled up to the apartment he was fast asleep. Great. Now, I had to carry him and his car seat up the stairs. When I picked him up, he groaned and shushed him back to sleep. I grabbed his car seat and headed into the apartment building. "Good evening, Miss Nightingale," the woman behind the desk said. I didn't even live here, but she knew me from my fights.

I gave her a smile. "Nice weather out tonight," I said as I pushed the elevator button.

"I wouldn't know," the woman said as she laughed and adjusted her glasses. I gave her one last smile before stepping onto the elevator.

I knocked on Gloria's door with my foot since my hands were pretty occupied. She answered and I could hear a few women laughing in the background. Her friends. Great. Before the breakup, her friends loved me but now they treated me like shit. It was Gloria's decision, yet they treated me as if I was the one to end things. "Aw, my baby's asleep," she cooed lovingly as she took Ivo from me. Ivo smiled when he was transferred into his mommy's arms. "Did he have fun?" She stepped aside so I could walk in.

"Yeah, he met a little boy. They got along real well so I got his parents' number. Do you want it," I asked as I placed his car seat into the closet.

"Just text it to me, baby." I raised a brow at Gloria. "I mean, Maxim. Um, I'll go put him to bed. Stay here." I nodded as Gloria walked off. Almost immediately, one of her friends stumbled over to me. They had been drinking.

"Well, if it isn't the piece of shit." I rolled my eyes at the brunette as she pushed my shoulders. Riley was Gloria's most annoying friend. She thought she knew everything about me and Gloria, but she didn't know shit. "You're a fucking asshole, did you know that," she slurred as she looked me up and down.

"I take care of your best friend and her son, and I'm not even with her anymore so yeah. I'm definitely an asshole," I said sarcastically. Before I knew it, Riley slapped me across the face. Lucky for her, Gloria ran up and pulled her away from me. I rubbed my jaw as I groaned. That actually stung. If I would've hit Riley, everyone would've had a fit but since Riley hit me everyone was laughing. Fuck her friends. The same way with Gloria. When we used to fight, she would always get physical and smack the shit out of me, but if I would beat on her then the whole world would end. Even though, I wouldn't hit a girl I was dating ever in the first place. Any time Gloria got like that, I just walked away.

"I'm so sorry, Maxim," Gloria said once she got Riley to settle down. "You're not an asshole. I'm so thankful for you and I mean that." Gloria's girlfriends booed in the background and I sighed. Gloria bit her lip. "Thanks for taking Ivo out," she said as she led me towards the door.

"Yeah, whatever," I said as I stuffed my hands into my pockets. "Look, Ivo really wants a haircut. It's an undercut. You know with the cute little man bun or in his case boy bun. He asked me to persuade you to let him get one."

Gloria laughed a bit. "You're not very persuading, but I'll think about it. Goodnight, Maxim."

I shook Gloria and her friends out of my head, and went home to get dressed. Miguel was there on the couch. I asked if he wanted to go out, but he said he was calling some girls over. He seemed bummed out because he was going to share some with me, but I'd never been the type to fuck around too much, at least not with several different people. Even though, I've been committed to Gloria, we had our breaks, and I took those breaks to taste all the colors of the rainbow. Although, I didn't exactly like the idea of a different girl every night. It was too wild and crazy.

Lavender and I decided to go out to some stupid bar where a bunch of people our age hung out at. She had told me that she had been there regularly and that the people there always knew how to have fun. I could tell that she had did some pre-drinking at home. Her skin was a bit paler than usual, but she still looked beautiful in her short party dress. Even though, she looked great, she still didn't need too many more drinks. She was already tipsy. "So, what possessed you to do your eyebrow like that," Lavender slurred as she stared at my eyebrows weirdly. "Like the slit one. It really really really really really irks me." I chuckled a bit as I took a sip from my beer. She had to be kidding me. How did my eyebrow irk her? It looked perfectly fine. "Then it's like extra fucked up because you almost got beat up last night."