♛ 8

"It's a huge night here in New York City as we await the fights of the UFC tonight. We've talked earlier about all the main card fights, but I think we should focus on these two fighters: Maxim Nightingale and Jessica Presley. Both of these women are tremendous fighters in this fighting industry, Jeff."

"Tell me about it, Cole. You have Jessica Presley. She's been fighting professionally five years. Out of her fifteen fights, she has won twelve of them. She's twenty-eight years old and man, can that woman deliver some blows, Cole!"

"Jessica Presley is just so precise and persistent with her kicks and punches that it's almost hard to not get hit with them. We've seen her leave opponents bloodied, but honestly, Jeff, I don't think it's going to happen in the case of Maxim Nightingale. This girl has the perseverance, the strength, and even the personality to beat Jessica Presley. Maxim Nightingale may be a young blood, but she'll give you a run for your money. Out of all of her fights, they have been nothing but brilliant, unique knockouts. As if her fighting skills weren't enough, that happy persona she puts on is nothing but likeable."

"Yes, Cole. I have to agree that she's a very funny and down to earth individual, but when it comes to fighting, I think Jessica Presley has this one. She's been competing for five years, and I think she's finally ready to go for the Bantamweight title."

"Well, we'll see, Jeff."

Just as the newscast cut off, there was knock on my door. It was the day of Maxim's fight, and I had woken up a bit early. After skimming through a few channels, I had saw Maxim's face on one so I decided to see what the sports announcers were talking about. As they talked about both Maxim and Jessica, clips from the two fighters kept playing over and over again. I knew Maxim was good, but actually seeing her fight on the television screen was different than her boastful words. In one clip, she ran up the cage of the octagon like a ninja causing her opponent to receive a flying kick to the face. The sports announcers said she adopted the move from one of her friends that fought in the men's division of the UFC, but she made it look so fresh and original. Her opponent, Jessica Presley, seemed just as good. There were multiple clips of her pummeling opponents to the ground, and putting people in chokeholds and arm locks. She had even broke another fighter's arm once.

Shaking off whether or not Maxim was going to get her ass beat tonight, I walked over to the door to see who was knocking. I yanked the door right open, which I really should stop doing. Maxim was standing there dressed like any other day in her dark attire. Instead of greeting me with a hello or a slightly arrogant or sarcastic remark, she asked me a question. "Want to walk down the street and grab breakfast?" I quirked up a brow at her. I'm pretty sure she had better things to do at eight in the morning, like training or something. "I think it would be nice if a couple of paps got us out for breakfast before the fight, then they'll see you at the fight so it'll basically be official in the media's eyes that we're dating."

"And here I was thinking you just wanted to treat me to breakfast," I said as I walked into the apartment to grab my shoulder bag. I'm glad I had already gotten an early start and got ready. When I walked back over to the door Maxim was texting on her phone. "Who are you texting? Another woman?" She gave me a bit of a smirk as she watched me lock the front door.

"No, it's my mom."

"Loser." Maxim rolled her eyes at me, but she took my hand in hers. I raised a brow at her. "We have to look happy and cute. I was thinking we'd go down the street to the bistro. It's not too crowded. I got one of my buddies to call the paparazzi on an anonymous tip so don't freak out if you walk outside to a bunch of cameras and screaming people," Maxim said as we rode down on the elevator. "If they ask if we're dating, don't say anything. Act a bit shy, they'll automatically assume we're dating so we don't need to confirm anything. Other than that, they'll probably ask your name. I'll tell them your name. So basically, don't say anything."